New C63 Owner from Leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatal3rror

Car
C63 AMG/Caterham
Hi guys

Just joined the Merc club after buying a C63 AMG today. Mainly had VAG cars (Moving from a Cayman 987 and previously Audi/VW), so expect a lot of questions about Mercs! I have been doing some research in the forums last few weeks and the posts have proved really helpful, look forward to more.

Cheers

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 36
Nice car , welcome to the forum!

Welcome from a fellow Leeds resident.

:)

Welcome :) I assume you were aware of the paint problems on models with fire opal red. If not and it’s showing signs of defects Mercedes are still doing free resprays (not plastics) after a consultation with them :thumb:

Cheers, enjoying the car. Especially that exhaust note on the cold morning today!

Welcome :) I assume you were aware of the paint problems on models with fire opal red. If not and it’s showing signs of defects Mercedes are still doing free resprays (not plastics) after a consultation with them :thumb:
I wasn't aware of this and thankfully, haven't seen any defects but will go over with a fine tooth comb later today to see if there is anything to worry about!

Cheers, enjoying the car. Especially that exhaust note on the cold morning today!

I wasn't aware of this and thankfully, haven't seen any defects but will go over with a fine tooth comb later today to see if there is anything to worry about!

Congrats on the car! how is your experience with the car compared to the VAG cars you were driving before? cheers

Congrats, the C204 looks great in Fire Opal. As mentioned already, I hope yours has no issues with micro blistering now or in the future.

Thanks all!

Congrats on the car! how is your experience with the car compared to the VAG cars you were driving before? cheers

In the 48 hours I have had the car, my 2p:
  • There is a lot more engagement and 'feel' to the car compared to the VW Scirocco R, Leon FR and Audi A1 I had before the Cayman. The Porsche was obviously designed to be very engaging.
  • Infotainment and driver MFD is not necessarily the most intuitive at times but I am sure it's a matter of time and I will get used to it. For e.g. I still haven't found how to see the outside temperature! Is there a way to see this?
  • The car also feels less planted (in a nice way!) than my previous cars.

Thanks all!

In the 48 hours I have had the car, my 2p:
  • There is a lot more engagement and 'feel' to the car compared to the VW Scirocco R, Leon FR and Audi A1 I had before the Cayman. The Porsche was obviously designed to be very engaging.
  • Infotainment and driver MFD is not necessarily the most intuitive at times but I am sure it's a matter of time and I will get used to it. For e.g. I still haven't found how to see the outside temperature! Is there a way to see this?
  • The car also feels less planted (in a nice way!) than my previous cars.
If it's the same as my SL 1 click down on the steering wheel button displays temp...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If it's the same as my SL 1 click down on the steering wheel button displays temp...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nice one, thanks! Didn't see it in the corner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom