New C63 owner with a couple of questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lexit

Car
c63 amg
Hey fellas.
Picked up my c63 a couple of weeks ago, still getting use to the animal it is. Its a long way from my E46 m3 convertible i had before.

Managed to get hold of a good example with some nice optional extras.

13 plate with 50k on the clock
Cavansite Blue
19" multi spoke alloys
Lighting package
Adaptive Headlights
Harmon kardon
Designo Porcelain/Black two-tone leather
Reversing Camera

View attachment 56803
20160313_153807.jpg
20160313_153837.jpg

Couple of questions

Does anyone know where to get good but cheap car mats? ( live in the middle of the country side and dont want to get the AMG mats dirty. Guessing their exspensive to replace)

Can the exhaust tips be taken off and welded back on so their sticking further out? Mine are hidden to much by the diffuser and seems a shame to hide them especially with the amg engravings on the top.

Hello and Welcome, great car colour! i got my two tone black and red amg car mats from ebay for £50.

The exhaust expands when driven so will stick out more when hot.

I only found this out the other day and panicked as it looked lower and further out after a hard blast :eek:

I found this out a few days back after spending hours cleaning them up, going out for a spirited drive then coming back to find smudges all over the bits id missed that was previously tucked under.

Id like them to stick out further when cold so i can actually see them as apposed to everyone else seeing them when i'm driving.

Hey fellas.
Picked up my c63 a couple of weeks ago, still getting use to the animal it is. Its a long way from my E46 m3 convertible i had before.

Managed to get hold of a good example with some nice optional extras.

13 plate with 50k on the clock
Cavansite Blue
19" multi spoke alloys
Lighting package
Adaptive Headlights
Harmon kardon
Designo Porcelain/Black two-tone leather
Reversing Camera

Couple of questions

Does anyone know where to get good but cheap car mats? ( live in the middle of the country side and dont want to get the AMG mats dirty. Guessing their exspensive to replace)

Can the exhaust tips be taken off and welded back on so their sticking further out? Mine are hidden to much by the diffuser and seems a shame to hide them especially with the amg engravings on the top.

Nice car pal welcome!

Can some one put a before and after pic up of the exhaust because I can't believe they expand so much that it is that obvious cheers

Here is a quick before and after. Notice the dirty line as that is about all i can get to when the exhaust is cold.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160331_095528.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160331_095528.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 89
  • ForumRunner_20160331_095539.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160331_095539.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 93
Here is a quick before and after. Notice the dirty line as that is about all i can get to when the exhaust is cold.

Pity the photos are not from same angle as they look suspiciously like the one is exaggerated simply because of the angle it was taken which makes it difficult to compare.

I guess I should next consider cleaning mine when they are hot (although I suspect my pinkies might need asbestos gloves :eek: )

Loveley car buddy ! Welcome to the mad house !

Hi welcome. Nice colour, not seen a canvansite blue C63 before, must be quite rare.

How about these pics. I am sure one of them will be the same sort of angle.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160331_203624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160331_203624.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 51
  • ForumRunner_20160331_203631.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160331_203631.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 45
  • ForumRunner_20160331_203639.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160331_203639.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 48
Hi welcome. Nice colour, not seen a canvansite blue C63 before, must be quite rare.

There certainly weren't that many around on the MB website when I got mine.
Don't know whether anyone on here can provide the official numbers imported into the UK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom