New C63 Saloon Owner - A Few Pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks and .... yikes - dunno. I'll have a look at that. It certainly let me do it and the car didn't seem to mind but I won't be doing it again until I check. Appreciate the warning.

No, pretty sure it makes no odds changing from auto to manual while moving. Not like its a mechanical thing.

I have just sold my 135i coupe mapped at 380bhp and wanted a Paledium silver c63, small world huh.

sirius9 said:
Nice find. Enjoy! But doesnt the manual states that it is advisable to be stationary when switching into Manual mode?

If it does I'm sure it doesn't matter, have been switching to and from manual whilst driving regularly and in two years of ownership nothing has gone wrong

I switch mine to manual all the time when driving, I would have thought if it's detrimental it wouldn't let you do it or give you a warning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just sold my 135i coupe mapped at 380bhp and wanted a Paledium silver c63, small world huh.

Blimey yeah small world indeed. MB Aberdeen had a nice Palladium one on 18s as recently as last weekend. It was on my shortlist. My 135i had the DMS map and was rapid but these cars are just a step beyond. I've been out all day in it and still can't believe I finally have one. I cant stop grinning. As well as the noise and the performance it is pure luxury inside - compared to the Audi and BMWs I've had recently anyway. The seats are lovely.
Thanks for all the supportive comments - very nice forum this.

I switch mine to manual all the time when driving, I would have thought if it's detrimental it wouldn't let you do it or give you a warning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my logic too. From the research I did the whole engine / transmission combination on these cars seems to be bombproof. I've not looked at what the manual says on it though.

I do have one question / observation though - but it is a topic that has a few threads and posts on it already so I apologise up front but I can't find the specific answer to what I'm seeing.

If I put the climate control to Auto and crank it down to the lowest/coldest blue setting the car efficiently blasts out icy cold refrigerated air. All good. The cooling system is fine. But if I press the A/C button it flashes and then goes off.

I can't work out what this button is for and why it seems to be faulty - if I can get the cold air on using Auto and the dials ... why would I need A/C switch at all? And .... is it bust?

Not a big deal but it has me puzzled.

Welcome to the forum

I think I recognise the user name from some of the Audi forums back when I had my S3 which at the time was running stage 2+

If you fancy doing anything to the C63 I suggest you go for a eurocharged remap, I did mine the day after I picked the car up from new & the difference is night and day. 460 to 525bhp

I do have one question / observation though - but it is a topic that has a few threads and posts on it already so I apologise up front but I can't find the specific answer to what I'm seeing.

If I put the climate control to Auto and crank it down to the lowest/coldest blue setting the car efficiently blasts out icy cold refrigerated air. All good. The cooling system is fine. But if I press the A/C button it flashes and then goes off.

I can't work out what this button is for and why it seems to be faulty - if I can get the cold air on using Auto and the dials ... why would I need A/C switch at all? And .... is it bust?

Not a big deal but it has me puzzled.

Had similar with my SLK 55 just after purchasing.
Needed a re-gas of the aircon.
Done under warranty.

Lovely car and that interior is phenomenal...

Also from Edinburgh, seems to be more C63 owners around Edinburgh

Welcome to the forum

I think I recognise the user name from some of the Audi forums back when I had my S3 which at the time was running stage 2+

If you fancy doing anything to the C63 I suggest you go for a eurocharged remap, I did mine the day after I picked the car up from new & the difference is night and day. 460 to 525bhp

I remember you PhilT. Nice to hear from you.
I'm assuming an LSD is essential if you upgrade the power on these things even slightly?
At the moment I cannot imagine wanting more power out of it but I've said that before ......

Picked up my palladium silver C63 last week.

Similar car/price/deal as you guys :thumb:

Great looking car, I had Palladium Silver and Bengal red Nappa, not on a C63 unfortunately, but an SLK, love it!

I remember you PhilT. Nice to hear from you.
I'm assuming an LSD is essential if you upgrade the power on these things even slightly?
At the moment I cannot imagine wanting more power out of it but I've said that before ......

LSD is essential in all c63 if you have not got it, even with standard power they are not good. The tyres are too small too best to move to 245 fronts and 275 rears

Blimey yeah small world indeed. MB Aberdeen had a nice Palladium one on 18s as recently as last weekend. It was on my shortlist. My 135i had the DMS map and was rapid but these cars are just a step beyond. I've been out all day in it and still can't believe I finally have one. I cant stop grinning. As well as the noise and the performance it is pure luxury inside - compared to the Audi and BMWs I've had recently anyway. The seats are lovely.
Thanks for all the supportive comments - very nice forum this.

Cant wait to join the club! Has to be on 19" and needs to be a coupe for me.

My 135 was on a evolve map.

As I said earlier in this post got my Car serviced at Newbridge on Saturday morning had the same problem with my Air -Con as you got it re gassed along with my service seems to be ok now I've always used Newbridge for servicing they seem pretty good to me

What a FINE looking motor you have there. :rock:

Looking very nice. Congrats.

Remap is a must IMO for a lot better drivability in normal driving conditions. Without the remap the car feels so lethargic as if it has turbo lag.

Metallic white paint is called 'Diamond White' btw. Polar white is the non-metallic white.

That's a lovely car with a great spec and colour combo!

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom