New C63 W204 Saloon Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

turnipandchips

Car
13 Plate W204 C63 Saloon, 2001 Bmw e39 Sport
Thought I would say hello, recently picked up a 13 plate C63 saloon Performance pack.
Part exchanged it for my MK3 Focus RS...At 44 time to grow up (A little).

So far loving it, just need to get used to the MPG.
Just a couple of newbie questions.
It came with the 19" 5 spoke AMG wheels, Were these standard or option wheels from new from the multi spoke wheels I see so much?
Any good companies for OEM+ type accessories people could recommend? I have found Command online for audio upgrades, but thinking of maybe changing the daylight running light surrounds for black. only little subtle changes.

There were no 19" 5 spoke options on the 204 version of the C63, only 18" wheels in 5 spoke.

Post a picture and we can probably work out what they are, either another Mercedes model or aftermarket.

I did see a lot advertised with a very similar looking wheel to mine in 18" so didn't think too much about it. I have decoded the VIN and does list code 797 19" wheels.
New to the forum but guess its photobucket to host here rather than direct posting?

They are 19" wheels from a W205 model I believe. Probably because your original 19" W204 wheel cracked!

Looks great :)

Cheers, yes off a W205 was my conclusion today after reading steve84N's comment...Yes I had read about the cracking issue on the standards.

Very nice motor!
Oh and welcome. :D
How are you finding it compered to your RS?

Initial thoughts, the C63 is obviously alot faster in a straight line and sounds alot nicer even though I had a remus exhaust fitted to the RS.
The RS cornered like its on rails but is also harsher on the suspension which really grated on me after driving my BMW. I know they say the C63 on 19" is a harsh ride but is soft compared to the RS. I haven't pushed the C63 that much around the corners yet but does feel more planted accelerating in a straight line, my Rs had the 375BHP tune which did mean you had to be more careful flooring it with the torque steer.
The C63 just feels more grown up.

They are indeed from the next generation of C63 and I happen to run them on my car too. I really like the solid 5 spoke wheels on the 204 but wanted 19" wheels so I could use PS4S tyres. These are the closest I could find.

They are an excellent fit on the rear but stick out a little far on the front as they are 13.4mm further out than stock. They are 0.5" wider front and back so well suited to 245 & 265 width tyres instead of the stock 235 & 255. I swear they are lighter than the 19" multi spoke wheels too.

JYHNy6C.jpg

gcoPlHi.jpg

These are my favourite but only available in 18" so I use them for winter tyres.

gtD4fcV.jpg

Last edited:
They are indeed from the next generation of C63 and I happen to run them on my car too. I really like the solid 5 spoke wheels on the 204 but wanted 19" wheels so I could use PS4S tyres. These are the closest I could find.

They are an excellent fit on the rear but stick out a little far on the front as they are 13.4mm further out than stock. They are 0.5" wider front and back so well suited to 245 & 265 width tyres instead of the stock 235 & 255. I swear they are lighter than the 19" multi spoke wheels too.

JYHNy6C.jpg

gcoPlHi.jpg

These are my favourite but only available in 18" so I use them for winter tyres.

gtD4fcV.jpg
Like that, Steve, looks good!
Like that AMG badge too, it's
a bit different. :D

The black DRL 507 surrounds are £170 if I remember right from Kunzmann (OEM) or you could plastidip/wrap/paint your chrome ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom