New C63s coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Belfast Child

Car
BMW m235
Hi all, happy new year!
I now have a very good offer of an m4 on the table. I am currently speaking to a merc dealer (thanks to this forum) on a new C63s coupe. I'm not really up to speed on must have options as I am with bmw. I was looking at spec wise premium pack -selenite grey with surround cameras, interior carbon and night package. Thoughts and opinions please.
Thanks

I put down a deposit down for one but when Mercedes let me have it for the day, it was the worst car I have driven, sounds good and is fast, seats are bloody horrible, uncomfortable after 10 minutes and the engine management light came on Hah.

Only good points I have:
Nice looking car
Sounds good
Is bloody fast but not too far off from my CLS 63.

End result:
Put a deposit down for the new CLS 63S for march 17 plate

If you are still after a C63S after driving then make sure you get Premium package plus, driving assistance package as it's well worth the price for the tech, surround camera, head up display, amg night package (Gloss black combo), privacy glass etc

I also have an M4 convertible yas marina color, the only BMW I have ever owned, fast and keeps up with pretty much any car, looks aggressive, only downside is every one has one and re-sale value is poo, already lost £12k from new and mines stupidly spec'd up high. So just going to keep for some time.

Overall verdict: CLS 63S AMG

Good luck mate

I put down a deposit down for one but when Mercedes let me have it for the day, it was the worst car I have driven, sounds good and is fast, seats are bloody horrible, uncomfortable after 10 minutes and the engine management light came on Hah.

Only good points I have:
Nice looking car
Sounds good
Is bloody fast but not too far off from my CLS 63.

End result:
Put a deposit down for the new CLS 63S for march 17 plate

If you are still after a C63S after driving then make sure you get Premium package plus, driving assistance package as it's well worth the price for the tech, surround camera, head up display, amg night package (Gloss black combo), privacy glass etc

I also have an M4 convertible yas marina color, the only BMW I have ever owned, fast and keeps up with pretty much any car, looks aggressive, only downside is every one has one and re-sale value is poo, already lost £12k from new and mines stupidly spec'd up high. So just going to keep for some time.

Overall verdict: CLS 63S AMG

Good luck mate

Thanks for your input, just to add I have been with bmw for the last 7years and never owned a merc, I just fancy something different.

On my C63s added the Premium pack which as SamBam says is a must for what you get (panaramic room, keyless go etc.), heads up display I could not live without these days - it's just brilliant, also go for a premium interior like the carbon or black ash. If you stick to the piano black stock interior you don't get the cool looking IWC analogue clock in the centre console. I also added the selectable sports exhauste which I'd certainly choose again for even more audio drama.

I didn't select the night package because I like the chrome look of the exhausts and I thought having black ones made it blend in too much. I also didn't add the 360 camera. It has a rear camera as standard and front and rear sensors, it also has a rear t-junction mode on the standard camera so I don't see the point of it but that's just my opinion. Only other thing I omitted was all the additional safety stuff - blind spots, lane alerts and the drive itself radar. I can see the benefit if you do lots of motorway driving but not for me, plus you have to stop checking the options boxes at some point.

I too was at the flip of a coin between the BMW and the Merc. My opinion was the exterior of the BMW was better, but the interior of the Merc felt much better and less stock. Ultimately what swung it though was none of that, the Engine noise from the Merc is pure James May fizz factor and gets me every time. Three months into ownership and not a single regret.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I am now pleased to say I have placed a new car order on a C63s premium coupe. A big thumbs up to user JBD who replied to my earlier post and gave me the deal I was happy with.
The car will be ready for collection before 1st April so will miss the new ved rate.
Spec wise, gone for grey with cameras/hud/night pack, I liked the look of the standard 19's so didn't see the point of spending another £1700 for the 19/20 wheels. Interior trim is the standard black with aluminium, I did want the carbon or glassfibre but neither are available at factory build at the mo, I would like the clock so maybe I could see if the wood trim is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom