New C63S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very nice motor.

I agree on changing the wheels, the standard ones fitted to the facelift S seem a very odd design to me but this sort of thing is very personal though.

The looking for an excuse to go for a drive doesn't really go away, I am nearly 2 years in and still grin like a Cheshire cat when going for a blast.

Have fun :thumb:

The wheels are really starting to grow on me , might powder coat them black and see how they look before getting a new set , I have been waiting for this car for 6 months and they put a block on all AMG leaving the factory , ended up getting a loan car off Mercedes but lifted the block after 2 weeks so hopefully you won’t have much longer to wait , it’s well worth the wait

It is Andy , was starting to think I’d made a mistake not going for the magno but very happy when I saw it today

Thats wonderful.

Coupe or Saloon?

Mine should arrive at the dealer by the end of the week as well.

C63S Coupe
Designo Grahpite, Aero pack and lots of toys.

I am eager to compare the exhaust sound of my 2017 with the Particulate filter equipped 2019.
Gene the Aero pack makes all the difference they had another one in the showroom without it and made me realise what a great option it was , what other options did you get ? night pack is also really nice .

Gene the Aero pack makes all the difference they had another one in the showroom without it and made me realise what a great option it was , what other options did you get ? night pack is also really nice .
Hi

I have :
Designo graphite
Aero pack
Night pack
Driving assistance
Heads up
19/20 Matt black

Nice Gene , as I said earlier , they put a block on mine but it was only 2 weeks later than the date I was supposed to pick it up , they wait is a killer though :wallbash:

Nice Gene , as I said earlier , they put a block on mine but it was only 2 weeks later than the date I was supposed to pick it up , they wait is a killer though :wallbash:

That’s good to hear. I will wait patiently.

The wheels are really starting to grow on me , might powder coat them black and see how they look before getting a new set , I have been waiting for this car for 6 months and they put a block on all AMG leaving the factory , ended up getting a loan car off Mercedes but lifted the block after 2 weeks so hopefully you won’t have much longer to wait , it’s well worth the wait

Nice car! I like Designo Selenite but the gloss on yours with the night pack and aero is fantastic. Did the dealer tell you why it was delayed? A lot of coupes have been delayed... I was told quality control tests and the fact some option packs were in very short supply and it’s still the case. I’m going for an estate so as far as I know delivery is 12-14 weeks, but the coupe has a backlog still as world production is Germany. Saloons are made for other markets in the US and SA.

The standard wheels are still 19” front and 20” rears, is that right?

Nice car! I like Designo Selenite but the gloss on yours with the night pack and aero is fantastic. Did the dealer tell you why it was delayed? A lot of coupes have been delayed... I was told quality control tests and the fact some option packs were in very short supply and it’s still the case. I’m going for an estate so as far as I know delivery is 12-14 weeks, but the coupe has a backlog still as world production is Germany. Saloons are made for other markets in the US and SA.

The standard wheels are still 19” front and 20” rears, is that right?
Hi unimog, Mercedes are very coy about the reasons for delays and blocks , but I was told by the guy who dropped my lone car off that it is down to the new tests , apparently they are no longer allowed to test the cars in the lab , that and new emissions tests , as far as I know the standard wheels are 19 and 20 but will check tomorrow.

Standard wheels are 19 inch all round , think I’d get 20s on the back and 19 front when I change them .. If I change them

Standard wheels are 19 inch all round , think I’d get 20s on the back and 19 front when I change them .. If I change them

Thanks for that. I think Mercedes literature and on line configurator of late has been severely lacking and often inaccurate. Even dealers have confusion about what is correct.

I ordered an estate with the Forged black alloys which are 19" all round. The standard wheels on the estate/saloon however are listed as 19/20" but the dealer said its not correct, they are 19" all round also, it's only the coupe with optional 766/767/RXC code wheels that have 20" in the rear. The only reason I mention it is some of the guys on the US forum said the standard 19's struggled with putting the power down in a hurry, so getting the 19/20" option and upsizing the rubber to 295 or even 305 (which fit comfortably) massively improves traction. I also think the enhanced staggered look of the RXC code wheels on the coupe is fantastic, with that as an option I would never consider none OEM wheels. The standard wheels look excellent when painted gloss black too, I have seen a few done like that.

Lovely car and the aero pack does make a big difference. I can't see the attraction in all black wheels , on any car , might as well put flat black wheels trims on because you can't see the design . Smacks of - " I've kerbed my nice shiny alloys so I'll just paint them black" , el cheapo.

Philly, cheers for the post. I'm reading with interest and very jealous you have received yours!
I have on order a selenite grey magno c63s, black pack, premium plus. I have gone with the upgraded 19/20 titanium grey wheels. I really don't like the black option wheels because the silver lip makes them (in my opinion) look small and a bit tacky. I actually really like the look of yours with the wheels you have currently! I have looked at lots of 'replacement wheels' in case the ones I have ordered don't suit. I have yet to see, in any picture-and I have looked ALOT- a grey magno with the multispoke titanium wheels. Maybe I have just made a huge error. Every magno I have seen has the black ones with the silver rim on them.
I have avoided the aero kit because I haven't been able to see one I the flesh and have a particularly high speed bump in work! Was thinking I could add maybe DMC parts aftermarket if I felt it really needed anything but will see how it goes. Seeing yours has me already looking at bigger side skirts because the option lockout date has long passed!
Please send more photos!
Cheers and enjoy!

Btw,
Looks like you stuck with open pore grey oak interior?
That's what I have gone with too.
Let me know what u think if so?

There are two types of matte black wheels, code 767 no flange and the one you
are referring to RXC which has the large flange, the titanium wheels work well with selenite
grey. I have seen one. You will like it.

Gene,
Your order sounds awesome too.
Deliberated for a long time between the graphite and selenite magno.
In fact, your new machine couldn't really be much more fully loaded!
Our patience going to be tested for the next while
Hope you get it soon

Gene,
Your order sounds awesome too.
Deliberated for a long time between the graphite and selenite magno.
In fact, your new machine couldn't really be much more fully loaded!
Our patience going to be tested for the next while
Hope you get it soon

Unfortunately, I am going to have to wait a bit longer.
There is a factory 'Hold' on my car
with no way of finding what is going on.

That's a bummer, sorry to hear that. Expect probably coming my way then too with knock on effect.
Did anyone here ever make a change to spec after option lockout, out of interest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom