New camcorder needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
The trusty old Hi8 has died. Beyond economic repair and off to the electronics graveyard that is my loft.

So I need a new one PDQ. Now this will be for general family use, has to be idiot proof so not going for anything too grand, say up to about £600ish. Also tending to the small side but not necessarily one of the micro ones.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks Brian. Their kit is good but was try to get away from Sony because it seems with many of their cameras you are committed to their accessories, which are damn expensive.

Played with a JVC Everio yesterday which is a hard disk camera: 20 or 30 Gig disks so no tapes. Really small but suddenly realised something was missing: no optical viewfinder!

Research shows lots of bargins around because makers are starting to roll out real world high definition video camcorders and people are trying to shift "old" stuff. So I am going to hire one for the few days needed and wait a few months and see how the HDV market develops

The thing that really annoyed me about the Sony range was they dropped the manual focus ring and made you use a fiddly touch screen menu. I bought a DCR-PC110E from eBay for £250 and it's great.

Satch said:
Research shows lots of bargins around because makers are starting to roll out real world high definition video camcorders and people are trying to shift "old" stuff. So I am going to hire one for the few days needed and wait a few months and see how the HDV market develops

Good thinking Batman.:rock:

Satch,

Bought a Sanyo C6 myself just about Christmas time and I thinks its excellent. Stills aren't the best but as a camcorder/camera combo I am completely happy.

My brother in law and another friend also bought one after 'playing with mine' as it were.

At the time the only place I could find one in the UK was purelygadgets.com @ £380, brother in law got one from Hong Kong with spare batter + few other bits for less even after paying import duties + carriage

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom