New car. 2003 S600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
These are wonderful cars, it's just the maintenance! I'm happy yours is running as it was intended.

It is indeed a wonderful car. Having said that I’m toying with selling her!
I’ve had her for nearly eight month and experienced 4K miles with her. A peerless machine for eating up the miles in total, unruffled luxury. And yet......
I’ve read that you’re either and E55 AMG guy or an S600 guy. Guess I’m the former.
Going to have her checked over then I’ll advertise.

No doubt you will have noticed that she's up for sale now. MOT being done today. Autotech tell me the battery (big one) is failing so I'm replacing it with a new one at the same time. Don't think she wants to leave me!

Why am I so rubbish at keeping threads up to date??
Current situation: flew through the MOT, no advisories. Then noticed that the front seemed fractionally lower after a few days. Tried the 'raise' button and it didn't move at all. Only recently had front valve unit replaced (£1600) so back to Nick Websters Indi. Guess either something related to previous recent suspension work or, more likely, the pump.
Told you she doesn't want to leave me! After a year and a half of trouble-free motoring she's complaining to me.
I might be poorer now but, on the upside, whoever buys her will have a properly sorted car :)

Well, good news.
The suspension problem was related to the valve unit that was recently replaced, so the S600 was shipped off to Mercedes Macclesfield who dealt with it under new part warranty.
So, s'all good and this time didn't cost me anything!
Ti,e to put her back onto the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom