'New' car arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GordonTarling

MB Enthusiast
Car
2007 E63 AMG V8 Estate
As promised, a couple of pics of the car I bought to replace the one that was stolen last weekend. It's a 2005 E320cdi Avantgarde - 5g box (You listening ***?) Comand and memory driver's seat, 130k miles. I actually prefer this colour over the silver of the previous one, perhaps because it's not so common. It's got a lighter interior, too. Drives like most 211's do, but the IL6 engine isn't quite as responsive as the V6 of the previous car, though there's definitely LESS gearbox lag. I'm not sure what the wheels are called or whether they were standard on that car - perhaps someone will know? It's going to be visiting 'Dr.' Olly in a week or so, for a few small jobs that need doing.

Attachments

• P1010945_small.jpg
    P1010945_small.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 172
  • P1010946_small.jpg
    P1010946_small.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 176
  • P1010947_small.jpg
    P1010947_small.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 178
The wheels are Ankaa - diamond cut, not painted.

I did a double take when I saw the photos :eek:, but mine didn't have COMAND.

A great colour, Tealite Blue.

001-3.jpg

Photosandvideos003.jpg

That was quick! Lovely looking car - well done.

Yep nice car. Careful with non painted wheels but a lovely colour and different from silver. I spy a nice pale interior too and it has the correct gearbox. Looks a nice motor. Good luck with her.

That looks very nice .

Worth hiding a mobile phone in behind the dashboard somewhere , connected to a car charger - just in case ? You can buy a cigarette lighter socket to bare wires in Maplins , then connect it to power behind the radio or wherever and plug the phone into it .

I don't think you have to 'make' calls to keep a SIM active , it may be enough to call the phone , and have it set to auto-answer so that the call connects . Some providers do require so much credit to be put on a card every so often .

Lovely looking car! The later wheels really suit it too. Good luck with it! :)

Thanks chaps - it's nice to be back in an E class!

John - Thanks for the wheel info, but these have definitely been painted and I suspect in order to 'improve' them to sell the car. I'm probably going to need to get them refurbed before too long.

Derek - I'm going to have to look into the mobile phone thing, I think. The problem is that the SIM providers don't make it easy to find the sort of information I need.

Just read a very disturbing thread on PistonHeads regarding theft of (am I allowed to say this here?) BMWs. One chap had a tracker fitted, his car was stolen and found again within four hours, during which they'd stripped it bare! Some more digging reveals that what applies to stealing BMWs applies to MBs too!

Pays not to get too attached to the car.... hard not to though.. :(

Thanks chaps - it's nice to be back in an E class!

John - Thanks for the wheel info, but these have definitely been painted and I suspect in order to 'improve' them to sell the car. I'm probably going to need to get them refurbed before too long.

Mine were painted too in the photos. Thats a bit more durable than the original d/c finish, until an abrasion lets the weather get under the paint. The d/c doesn't let much adhere to it - park carefully.

Cracking car/ colour combo. It's a beast of a load lugged too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom