New car.....but it’s not a Benz

Discussion in 'MB Defectors to Other Marques Forum' started by Eddy77, Apr 27, 2019.

1. renault12ts

renault12ts MB Club Veteran

Car:
    2005 W215 CL500.
    LOL. But you get my point. Audi seem to have made the front of their cars very vulnerable even in a very very low speed bump.

Crazyfool likes this.
  2. blademansw

blademansw Active Member

Car:
    2011 W204 C220D Touring
    Grille could be worse though, look at the latest BMW...

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    Eddy77

Eddy77 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2008 CLK 350 Sport Cab, 2019 Audi A6 Avant 40 TDi S-Line
    Ah, gotcha! I thought you were suggesting it would be better with a Merc grille up front!!!! Yeah, you’re right....it would be an expensive shunt for sure!

4. MrRight

MrRight Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S205 C63s Estate + BMW E46 M3 convertible+smart 44 brabus sport
    stunning interior but navigation location fail for me as it is a bit too low but at least is well integrated and not a stick on screen.

My friend's 2018 RS4 avant is lovely until you find the seats are not electrically adjustable which makes me chuckle.

5. renault12ts

renault12ts MB Club Veteran

Car:
    2005 W215 CL500.
    If it's like the Q5, then you can have the nav screen in the instrument binnacle too. Many options for the screens I believe.

MrRight likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Eddy77

Eddy77 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2008 CLK 350 Sport Cab, 2019 Audi A6 Avant 40 TDi S-Line
    Quick update on the A6. Car has settled in nicely. The seats have softened massively after a few weeks use and are now super comfy.

Also, the suspension seems to have bedded in. Initially it felt a bit crashy but it has gained composure now and is really rather good. Drove back 210 miles or so from Devon to Hampshire at the weekend on a mix of single track lanes, B roads, motorway and the A303 passing Salisbury Plain and it was supremely relaxed and comfortable. I’m very happy with the choice. Built in Sat Nav is a bit of a pain to use (overly complicated interface) but I can use Waze through Apple Carplay so no biggie.

Bobby Dazzler likes this.
  7. ringway

ringway MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Bi TDI - A Fantastic Car! Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely! Also R32 & S4.
    That's a lovely car, Eddy. Wise choice. I think Audi have the edge when it comes to styling.
    The A6 is nice to travel in.

I'm on my second A6 Avant. The first a 3.0TDI which was a fine car.

Last year I bought a 3.0 twin turbo TDI which I'm hopelessly in love with.
    50mpg+ if you want it and a fag paper over 5 seconds to 60mph. It actually feel faster. The 70 - 100 acceleration is bonkers.

I want another one with a 'Panasonic' roof.
    However, I love the adaptive air suspension on this car and finding another A6 riding on air (apart from an All Road) is very unlikely indeed.

[​IMG]

I cant really comment on the seat comfort, because pretty much all the seats I sit in are uncomfy due to a big spine injury some years ago.
    I am about to have yet anther set of A8 seats fitted in this car from a 2007 model.
    I have had A8 seats from 2012 (lovely but killed me) 2005 seat, no luck.
    The D3 2003 seats are the best of a bad bunch and will return to the car if the 2007 ones aren't as comfy as I'm hoping.

I have done some mods.
    Fitted:
    Indicators.
    Anti-tailgating.
    Anti-BMW lane hogging.
    Disabled - I'm a tw4t assist.

Bobby Dazzler and SPX like this.
  8. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2019
    Ever thought of having custom moulded seats? Some one like D-class should be able to create upholstery to help?

ringway likes this.
  9. clk320x

clk320x MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W211 E320 CDI - W212 E250 CDI
    Love the reg plate!

ringway likes this.
  10. Rorywquin

Rorywquin Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Facelift SL400 AMG Line
    Interesting views....in the last three years my son has driven a BMW X6 then changed for an Audi Q7 (now his wife's car) and recently he got a E53AMG Coupe....he says the Merc is his favourite of the three. I used to be a BMW fan (great drivers car) but think the styling still looks like the 5 series I had in 1995 and is dated. I have never quite taken to the Audi - there is just something about the interior and styling that does not appeal to me.....

11. 400ixl

400ixl Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E250 AMG Sport Convertible
    Comparing two SUV's with a sports Coupe, hardly the same thing though. If he had been comparing a BMW 5 series with an Audi S5 series then fair enough.

12. ringway

ringway MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Bi TDI - A Fantastic Car! Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely! Also R32 & S4.
    Thanks, Peter.
    I hadn't heard of d:class but they may well be able to help in some way.
    My last move in my quest for comfort was to take the original A6 seat to a local trimmer.
    At my request, the inserted a thick layer of foam into the base of the seat, but that didn't help.

There are only two seats that haven't caused saddle anaesthesia - any 210 seat or the one's in my Range Rover.
    One would think I have all the evidence I need to get a seat that's perfect, but no.
    I also had a Jag XF last year and the seats in that were reasonably kind, but I decided not to keep the car.
    I have a lovely 4.2 Q7 that I thought might be comfy, but no luck there, so that is now for sale.

SPX likes this.
  13. ringway

ringway MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Thank you. :thumb:

14. SPX

SPX MB Club Veteran

Car:
    That one
    What’s currently in the stable Paul? FFRR, A6 & Q7?

15. ringway

ringway MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Yes, FFRR, A6, Q7 and my sons R32 and Goodwood Green S4 estate which is a lovely car. :cool:

16. Rorywquin

Rorywquin Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Facelift SL400 AMG Line
    Not really, that is the car he likes the most when it comes to all aspects of the driving/owning experience. None of those cars are slouches & are all high end cars. He had a 5 series before the X6i and really disliked it.

He is not a petrol head and looks at a car as something to get him from A to B in style and comfort with some performance.