New car coming...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Barry,what’s your opinion on the slc250d over your previous slk250cdi’s?

Hi Steve! To be honest, there's not a lot of difference between them! The info screen is a bit larger and the SLC feels a bit quieter, but that might be my imagination as the engine is the same, albeit with the 9 speed auto which came out in the last of the SLKs before the facelift to SLC.

I will admit I noticed more roof rattles with the SLC than either previous SLKs, but I'm hoping I was just unlucky with this current car. I'll know in a few weeks! LOL!

All three of them drove well IMO with a lot of punch from the 250 diesel. Even the 300 petrol doesn't have the torque of the 250d, but the petrol engine is the only option since 2018, and at least has a sport exhaust which I believe is something to do with valves opening in Sport mode...

At the end of the day, if you were looking at 2016 cars, both SLK and SLC were available (with the same drivetrains too) and I reckon it's just a matter of taste regarding the facelift styling, Personally, I prefer the side skirts of the SLK and the front and rear of the SLC! :)

Are you thinking of one?

Hi Steve! To be honest, there's not a lot of difference between them! The info screen is a bit larger and the SLC feels a bit quieter, but that might be my imagination as the engine is the same, albeit with the 9 speed auto which came out in the last of the SLKs before the facelift to SLC.

I will admit I noticed more roof rattles with the SLC than either previous SLKs, but I'm hoping I was just unlucky with this current car. I'll know in a few weeks! LOL!

All three of them drove well IMO with a lot of punch from the 250 diesel. Even the 300 petrol doesn't have the torque of the 250d, but the petrol engine is the only option since 2018, and at least has a sport exhaust which I believe is something to do with valves opening in Sport mode...

At the end of the day, if you were looking at 2016 cars, both SLK and SLC were available (with the same drivetrains too) and I reckon it's just a matter of taste regarding the facelift styling, Personally, I prefer the side skirts of the SLK and the front and rear of the SLC! :)

Are you thinking of one?
Thanks for your thoughts Barry,the roof rattle has been reported by slc owners after searching the net,good luck with your new slc

Thanks for your thoughts Barry,the roof rattle has been reported by slc owners after searching the net,good luck with your new slc
After 7000 miles, mine has just had a new roof fitted due to a water leak. New seals did not work so they replaced the roof and now all is well!

After 7000 miles, mine has just had a new roof fitted due to a water leak. New seals did not work so they replaced the roof and now all is well!
On the early r172 slk’s there was the same problem and Mercedes started using fixed glass roofs to solve the problem,slc’s with the glass roof are quite hard to find...

On the early r172 slk’s there was the same problem and Mercedes started using fixed glass roofs to solve the problem,slc’s with the glass roof are quite hard to find...
Mine had the glass roof. I thought they all had?

Last edited:
These are my best, one way to work, and one over a weeks travel :D:D

Attachments

• 225E9228-6FBB-4444-BD5B-5A2FC3052486.jpeg
    225E9228-6FBB-4444-BD5B-5A2FC3052486.jpeg
    355.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DD71E4CB-878D-48B0-96C7-ABE14CE6AF91.jpeg
    DD71E4CB-878D-48B0-96C7-ABE14CE6AF91.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom