new car delivery dates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flat6buster

Car
W222 S350, 911sc
Can anyone tell me if ascheduled delivery date is likely to be accurate - I have a car due 9th july and want to decide if I rent a car in the interim (which I will if date is likely to be accurate) or buy an interim car (which if theres a disposition for dates to slip would be the other option - I could try a 124 for a couple of months ). Thank you.

I think it varies by dealership, model ordered, and even by the options specified. The salesman at my dealership mentioned that all the cars they'd ordered this year had either arrived on time or early. Mine was due for delivery on 14th May, but actually arrived at the dealership on 1st May.

Mine have always arrived early. Usually by a couple of weeks. So far none has been delayed.

As MOCAS said, it depends on a whole host of variables. The delivery date seems to be as reliable as our weather. My current car I ordered well in advance. I was told it would be available in February but I asked to have it at the beginning of March (for the new reg). During Feb and March the expected delivery date changed countless times, finally reaching "some time in April"! In the end I got it on 31st March.

The many delays were no doubt due to the high and unusual spec I'd opted for. (But the uniqueness was well worth waiting for).

Because the first agreed date I had with the dealer was 1st March, they lent me a car for the intervening period at no cost to me. I'd recommend you agree a similar arrangement with your dealer so you can then sort out what's best for you until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom