New car detailing recommendations? In Lincolnshire ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
Hi folks,
I'll recheck the archives for further detailing advice, but if there are fresh thoughts please share them. Also my searches didn't show anything for the gleaming guy.

I'm planning to pick up my new car in early March. Its an S350d. I'm considering paint protection - are there advantages with it, in your opinion ? Apart from the additional cost are there any cons ?

Has anyone got recommendations for car detailers in Lincolnshire?

This guy has great reviews on Facebook and his website and approach look great to me. Any experiences? Mobile Car Valeting & Detailing Lincoln | Lincolnshire*

Ride Revive in Grantham has been recommended to me. I went along to see them, but ended up not using them purely because somewhere else was more convenient at the time. They have a permanent building and seem to do all their work inside, which has got to be better that doing it on your drive or in the road.

Paint protection film these days have self healing properties so will offer better protection then a ceramic coating. It does get very expensive though.
I had my w222 coated in gtechniq and its been over a year now the car does look new when washed. It has picked up a few swirl marks hear and there and thats with me washing it carefully using good quality wash products. So ceramic coatings aren't scratch proof. For a good new car protection detail you're probably looking at around £500 from a good detailer. The paint protection film is a lot more

Thanks both. If only the manufacturers protected the paint themselves rather than aftermarket given the cost of new cars these days...

My Lexus comes with a 'self-healing' top coat, will have to see how well that works.

The paintwork also received a thorough wet sanding at the factory and I must say it is remarkably free from orange peel.

The paintwork also received a thorough wet sanding at the factory and I must say it is remarkably free from orange peel.

That is rare these days, I was at a dealers yesterday looking at used cars. I had a quick look at the new models and the Orange peel was very evident on a couple of cars.

Drop me a PM, my company is UK distributor for a brand of Ceramic Coatings which are brilliant for new cars, and we're based in Lincs. We can have one of our Authorised Detailers apply it at the dealership, so its protected from day 1 before you drive away.

For a new car application it will be considerably less than £500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom