New car for wifey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeremytaylor

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280CDI Sport Est., CLK 200k Cab., VW T5 174, Citroen C8, and a 2CV!
I am picking up a new car for the wifey today, after the last one was written off by a drunk (now ex-) employee.

The brief was a 4-seat cabriolet.

Considered: a new VW EOS (too small), a W124 cab (too pricey for what it is, and dare I say it, a bit slab-sided?), Audi cab (too small), tested a W208 430, but for less than a price of an Astra Twin-top, Pug 307 CC or Megane CC I am getting an early W209 CLK 240 Convertible. A bit leggy, but we won't be putting that many more miles on it, and it's one owner FMBSH (MB Chesterfield). It was going to be a surprise birthday present for her indoors next month but the unexpected demise of the previous car means she'll have to have it today.

Which means the heatwave will doubtless end tomorrow!

It's an Elegance in brilliant silver with light grey leather. Some work is required, such as fitting Comand (cue Alfie), replace the spindly 16" wheels (the current tyres don't have much life left anyway), and a good Zymol treatment wouldn't go amiss.

Sounds fab - hope your wife has a great time. The heatwave's due to go on for some time yet;)

Photo's please:D

my gf hates mercs as she says old fudie duddie drivers drive mercs and her friend takes the micky out of me driving a c class (probably cuz they all drive citreon saxos and focus's lol) if only ladies knew class when they see a man in his wheels....

nice to know ur wifey loves mercs :)

Sounds good! W209 cab. is a great looking car (much nicer than the W208 IMHO), good choice of colour too ;)

Clad you didn't go for a French CC (Renault/Peugeot). The fairer half had a 206cc from new and it was nothing but problems. What with the 'a lot to be desired' electrics, ill fiting doors,windows and roof, problems with seals and a complete new cylinder head to rectify a constant 'pinking', oh and four months in the dealer's to rectify the problems on our 9 month old car(part-ex'd shortly afterwards), I think you have made the right decision. Now, get out there and enjoy it which the weather is so tropical!

jeremytaylor said:
It's an Elegance in brilliant silver with light grey leather. Some work is required, such as fitting Comand (cue Alfie), replace the spindly 16" wheels (the current tyres don't have much life left anyway), and a good Zymol treatment wouldn't go amiss.

I wait to see if wifey curbs the old wheels before buying new ones!:devil:

dagd said:
I wait to see if wifey curbs the old wheels before buying new ones!:devil:

She will, believe me, she will! :mad:

Thank's everyone for your kind comments.

If I could work out how to post pics, I would!

Superb stuff - lucky lady. Hope she enjoys it and I hope the weather holds for you - although its not August yet so I think you'll be fine !!

Sounds very nice Jeremey, I bet your Wife likes you at the moment.:)

reflexboy said:
Glad you didn't go for a French CC (Renault/Peugeot).
I secretly like the new megane CC in black. Like the CLK too! Enjoy....

Dieselman said:
Sounds very nice Jeremey, I bet your Wife likes you at the moment.:)

Yes, I can do no wrong at the moment. Hopefully that will last!

blassberg said:
I think the 307CC looks good in black, the tail lamps look great!

Pity it's a peugeot really.

the Megane CC is the only car apart from the SL and the VW EOS in which you can get a panaromic fold away roof (std on all Meganes). I too quite like the shape of it.

blassberg said:

C240Sport97 said:
the Megane CC is the only car apart from the SL and the VW EOS in which you can get a panaromic fold away roof (std on all Meganes). I too quite like the shape of it.
Micra too!

model-promo-banner-micra-c+c-uk.gif

Yeah, Micras look reall great in pink. Not.

When choosing a car always remember.....

"The French make good wine, Italians make good pizzas, Germans make good cars"

Great choice Jeremy!

I too got got my wife a CLK240 cab also in silver with grey leather! Have really enjoyed the car and you'll see me finding any excuse to drive it!!

One thing to note though; ours had a new gearbox and torque convertor replaced under warranty (phew!!!). And we sure will be extending it after that experience...........

BTW how much did you paid for the car? PM me....

enjoy!!

Yes, it's funny. I have been finding excuses to use it too ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom