New car frustration!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aswall

Car
CLS 350
No not with the car, my new CLS is sitting on my drive and I can't drive it until the lease company come and pick the old one up, which will be "somewhere between 9.00am and 5.00pm'. Aaaaargh :crazy:

Consoling myself with reading the manual and running out and pressing buttons every time I come across something interesting :D

I'll post pics when I can work out how to, it's been a long time since I uploaded any here

Quick photos taken on an iPhone and very bright sunlight so not too great, but they'll do for now :D

Attachments

• IMG_2020.jpg
    IMG_2020.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2021.jpg
    IMG_2021.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 254
Interior

Attachments

• IMG_2023.jpg
    IMG_2023.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_2024.jpg
    IMG_2024.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 252
Very nice!

I still can't make mind up between the "old" and "new" CLS. I love the purity and "originality" of the original, but the new one is growing on me and your is helping that! :)

Yup, me too! :D

Wouldn't the champagne bottle damage the paintwork? :ban:

nice interior .. have you gone for the Luxury Package?

Is that you Andy?

Liking the car - I wonder why they've chosen to drop the gear stick or can you opt for one without these days?

hmmm new car smell - bet it's driving you mad - ( excuse the pun )

^ Probably an American thing also as they like the coloum shifts.

Makes for more room on the centre console to be fair and once in 'D' its jobs done :)

That looks luuurvuuurly!!!

Now wtf can't Mercedes offer a light interior on the E Class in the UK??!!

Congrats nice car - why do you have to wait untill the audi is collected?

Hmm. Aswall is very quiet. He must be out there doing what has to be done.!!

Yes either the other car has been pickup or he just couldn't resist 9am - 5pm is a long time to wait:wallbash: and today is a beautiful day !!! Hit the road:thumb:

Hi guys, thanks for the comments. My NAS decided to go belly up and has taken a lot of work to try and recover loads of stuff. Typical, was just thinking last week that it's about time I changed the disks! Then they came to get my old car so I dropped everything after that and went out and about :D Hi Jonnyboy, yeah it's me, newly resurrected from oblivion!

First impressions, lovely and smooth and quiet, just the ticket for the appallingly bumpy roads round here. Amazingly quick steering rack as well, took me by surprise at a mini roundabout. As smillion said, the HK audio is superb. Stunned by the fuel consumption, bearing in mind it's a 3.5L petrol with less than 200 miles on the clock, I got 34mpg on a mixture of blatting around country roads, A roads and motorways. 6-8 mpg than in the Audi, a 2.0L turbo! It's a minor concern to me, but still impressive. That economy in an engine like that even 10yrs ago wold have been a pipe dream.

A couple of minor niggles, the screen and clock appear to be angled away from the driver, the interior and door mirrors are very "in your face" if you see what I mean (difficult to explain but they seem too near), and the seats don't have much thigh support. They are very minor niggles though and I was pleased to find a digital speedo in mph, something I'd got used to and thought I'd read on here that wasn't present. I don't seem to have the speed limit warning though, unless there's a setting I've missed.

Too scared to attempt to put it in the garage at the moment, it's very tight and I've scratched the wings on my last two cars getting in :wallbash:

I haven't got the luxury package, it's standard Almond Beige and Black Ash, but I love the two-tone brown leather, I'd only seen it in black in real life.

Anyway, loving it so far and I know the new CLS seems to be a bit of a marmite car on here, but I thought it was an interesting comparison with smillion's, sort of exact opposites, one sport, white, black interior and one non-sport black, light interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom