New car gift ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jrmuk

Car
911 carrera S
Hi there,

I recently collected a brand new C63 coupe from a main dealer, apart from the salesman being in a hurry to get me out the door I was surprised that there wasn't a little handover gift, in the past I've received flowers for my wife, MB wine stoppers, Crystal glasses, an umbrella and even a coat once.

Is it just this salesman or are the days of handover gifts gone.

On another note the car is fantastic, the only problems is the running-in conditions (not even mentioned at the collection so it was good that there was a sticker on the windscreen) mean I can't hear that fantastic exhaust note fully.

A different attitude to when they were trying to sell it to you I bet!
Certainly not one of the better dealers by the sound of things.

No handover gift received yesterday when we bought our new AMG.

We bought our other AMG 7 years ago, and we got an MB flask and insulated beakers for me, something for the wife, and some teddies for the kids IIRC.

Count yourself lucky if they put any fuel in it!
Your not kidding, I made my salesman take me to the local garage and put a tenner in.....Cheeky sods, thirty quids worth of diesel in my px and a egg cup full in the "new" MB.
I must say that the guy who looked after me (Barry, Manchester Retail) was spot on. :thumb:

I got sod all with mine too.
Oops! Sorry I forgot, I did get 300 miles on the clock for them delivering it and enough fuel to crawl down to the nearest garage. :rolleyes: still it is leased so I didn't expect much...

Hey Bobby, that a new ML63 I see in your sig? What have I missed????

M.

The key covers are included with the car, so not really a freebie, I got a bouquet of flowers with mine.

I was told by my salesman the other day that MB are stopping the factory pickup too, not sure if that's just for the uk though, so glad I got to do this before they stopped it, which is a shame as its the best way to pick up a new car.

I got sod all with mine too.
Oops! Sorry I forgot, I did get 300 miles on the clock for them delivering it and enough fuel to crawl down to the nearest garage. :rolleyes: still it is leased so I didn't expect much...

Hey Bobby, that a new ML63 I see in your sig? What have I missed????

M.

You're like eagle eyed action man!!

Indeed, Mrs D's new motor. Not posted anything about it yet, but I might pop up a photo later. :thumb:

You're like eagle eyed action man!!

Indeed, Mrs D's new motor. Not posted anything about it yet, but I might pop up a photo later. :thumb:

I'm afraid I'm too old to have had the eagle eyed action man :eek: and having had two daughters and now a grand daughter has left me with litte opportunity to have indulged....however the grand daughter does like playing with my old toy cars...:thumb:

Looking forward to the pics, very jealous..Have you seen Bald Guys? That looks stunning...

Sorry o.p. hopefully Bobby will start a new thread so we can drool over his new car too...how about some more info on your car? Sounds great being as its a 63.

You've yet to notice your 'Free Gift' !

Turn the HK down and you'll hear it squeakin' at ya, bottom left of the Comand! :rolleyes:

Got nice keyrings from MB Corporate and a VIP Car Bag from the lease company with this one and the previous. Bag contains all kings of stuff from cleaning gear to first aid kit, decent tyre pressure gauge and wind-up emergency torch.

Bottle of champers each time I've bought an MB, even when I bought one at a non-MB dealer! :D

The salesman at MB Bristol was knowledgeable, caring and courteous throughout. He relieved me of my money in the nicest possible way. He filled the (extra large capacity) tank with diesel and gave my wife flowers and a MB coffee mug.

When I've bought my cars the salesman I deal with points me in the direction of the cabinet full of merchandise and said "pick something, anything you want from in there and it's yours". Plus champagne in the car too - nice touch but very fussy on champers!

The key covers are included with the car, so not really a freebie, I got a bouquet of flowers with mine.

I was told by my salesman the other day that MB are stopping the factory pickup too, not sure if that's just for the uk though, so glad I got to do this before they stopped it, which is a shame as its the best way to pick up a new car.

I also got a bouquet of flowers (well SWMBO did).

When I ordered the car at the end of November 2011 I was also told that factory pickup may not be possible. A shame because I really wanted to go that route. In the event when it finally came to delivery (late March 2012) I wouldn't have had the time so worked out OK. They also included 50 quid's worth of petrol, but that's standard with all Robinson group's cars.

Just bought an ex demo c class coupe, got a full tank of fuel and a corkscrew and bottle stopper in a presentation pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom