New car issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Also could it also be that during the last year many people have been purchasing blind and from a distance, and dealers, some not all have been taking advantage of the situation, and not fully prepping the cars to a standard we expect, hoping that most customers won’t notice or if they do they won’t create much fuss due to the distance.

The few customer who will create a fuss, and rightly so, they will then just rectify whatever prep they have failed to do. In effect dealers have more to gain then lose with not fully prepping the cars.

6 or 7 years ago I phoned a dealer enquiring about a Volvo C70 convertible, he assure me over the phone that it was 'mint', which I made sure of because I was travelling 150 miles to view. I made the journey, but as soon as I saw it from 50 yards away in the dimly-lit showroom I could see that the NS/F wing was a blatant different shade to the rest of the bodywork. Not only that, all four alloys were badly curbed. The leather interior had seen better days too. I was livid & to get rid of a very vocal me from his busy Saturday morning showroom he had to pay me my return fuel costs.
I truly don’t know why they do it, do they really think customers don’t what a “mint” car looks like, fortunately I have not experienced this, but I would also be livid, if I had.

unfortunately sometimes when we are looking for a specific spec car, it can’t be found locally, and when one turns up a fair distance away, all questions asked, and we trust the answers given, and why would you not, one takes the punt of travelling to see it, hoping it is exactly as described. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t.

Funny thing is I’m usually the most picky person when buying cars and for the most part always been fortunate buying good cond cars. I always buy private and only pay when I’ve seen the car. On this occasion the sales guy seemed decent and the car was competitively priced ( cheapest premium car for sale for miles and spec ). So I took the sales guy on his word. All went well till I had issues, then they weren’t interested. Got a quote back today from a body shop for £915. Emailed Jct600 and asked how they want to move forward. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for them to at least offer me half the cost as a good will gesture.. i may reject the car but then they can obv make that difficult for me too. They do have a 14 day return policy but charge per mile over 100 miles since purchase..

I've bought a car from JCT600 in the past and they were crap.

Took a lot of grief to get things sorted that should have been right when I bought the car.

Some things they wouldn't do anything about stating I should have highlighted sooner.

So I am meant to inspect the car at a main dealer, like I would do privately, before I buy it? What's the point in spending more money on Approved Used?

Not very helpful or friendly once they have your money (who would have thought).

Would never use again nor recommend to anyone either. Utter shyte!

Regardless of the outcome I won’t be using Jct600 again. Stick to private most likely. What issues did u have with ur car from Jct600 and what did they fix and what did they refuse to rectify?

Just to add about used cars being mint. Last year I purchased a 2017 Porsche Macan turbo on 17 k miles. The car had no curbing on any wheels, no noticeable stone chips either. Sadly tyres were low on tread but cosmetically I couldn’t fault the car..

If this doesn’t go in my favour, is there anything I can do short of leaving a bad google review and posting about my experience on forums to warn others of the rubbish I’ve dealt with at jct600. Surely to close the matter they’ll do the decent thing and offer some goodwill, but I have my doubts..

Lincoln audi main dealer is jct 600 i never new that

Lincoln audi main dealer is jct 600 i never new that
Yes they are and Hull. I spoke to the dealer at Lincoln but I didn't like him. He was one of those who was like you must pay a deposit now or it will have gone, I've got 5 other people interested. A total turn off to me.
I bought an Audi A4 avant 2020 reg in, I think it was January from the JCT Hull branch unseen.
It was an s line model and comes with factory privacy glass amongst other things. When I went to collect it, they rushed me and it was raining. I didn't even see the salesman, he was inside and I was met at the roller door to the building and was handed the keys by a chap who was doing extremely quick handovers. Here's the keys and that was it sort of thing. I had a look around the car for paint issues and checked the wheels etc but when I got home, I had a better look around. It had quite a big chip in the windscreen and the factory privacy glass was film. I spoke to the salesman and he said that I was wrong and it was factory privacy. I said it's not, it's film. He then rang me back and said he had spoken to his senior colleague and he said a few came in without privacy glass so they had had them done.
I said that film is never as good as factory glass and that's why I'd searched for the s line.
He offered to fit my audi traffic recorder (dashcam) that I already had which they had previously said would be £450 to fit. They try it on like some other dealers. I'm positive that they used the pandemic situation to take advantage of buyers and try to get away with more than they usually would.
It put me off JCT and they were tight with their part ex price for the car i took in. They priced it at about £6k more than I was given (a nearly new X2)

At this point in time I’d recommend anyone to avoid Jct600 like the plague.. esp the Boston Branch.. I’ll keep this thread updated once I hear some updates..

The wife's was new so we didn't have any issues, i do agree with the shutter door though but i didn't exept the car until id inspected it with the salesman. The only thing that through me is that i was told the black edition had the dinamic indicators which it never had
(Good as i hate them)

I had never heard of jct600 until I saw this thread. ( don't look at the car market much) but I was surprised to see they are 'authorised' centres for 25 manufacturers including Ferrari . Rolls Royce , Bentley , Maserati...and MG , amongst others , so the must be OK ....right ? ;)

I had never heard of jct600 until I saw this thread. ( don't look at the car market much) but I was surprised to see they are 'authorised' centres for 25 manufacturers including Ferrari . Rolls Royce , Bentley , Maserati...and MG , amongst others , so the must be OK ....right ? ;)
Wrong apparently 😀

V wrong ^^^
hooefully hear something back today re their “goodwill” gesture. Who would be the next person to speak to in Jct600 failing the hesd of business (I’m currently speaking to)

V wrong ^^^
hooefully hear something back today re their “goodwill” gesture. Who would be the next person to speak to in Jct600 failing the hesd of business (I’m currently speaking to)
You could try and get hold of the dealer principle.

Bit of an update. Received an email today offering £600 as a goodwill gesture. I’ve accepted it and look forward to putting this behind me and having the car sorted :cool:

all things considered, yep, take that, sort the out the car to your satisfaction, move on, and start enjoying the car, one shouldn't have to go through theses experiences, but hey that's life, and it's never a straight road, put this experience in the memory bank for your next car purchase.

Thanks guys. Yep time to enjoy and move on :)

Woke up this morning to find they’ve refunded me twice for the goodwill gesture lol. As much as I don’t want to -
For all the stress they put me through, I’ll be calling them tomorrow to arrange a refund

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom