New car nearly arrived, what wax to use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

THEBAINS1

Car
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Saloon
Hi I got a new C350e on order and I've got a arrival date of mid January. :thumb:

What wax would anyone recommend? The colour is diamond white so I'm unsure what route to go, Dodo juice maybe?:confused:

I'm not experienced so I'm unsure what to use, anyone got any ideas what i shall use?

Thanks

Dodo Juice has light fantastic that is designed for light colours....but i think wax is down to your personal tastes you will try a few and then decide what one you prefer.
And congratulation's on the car:thumb:

Tony.

Thanks for quick reply, I mean the car is going to be used for trade purposes and its only going to get a wash every so often (hardly ever) So therefore I was thinking if it had a good quality wax put on it would keep the paint pristine! But even expensive wax's only have a life span of around 3 Months if that, I was thinking something that would last a year or so, or am i being too optimistic?! Unsure....

No not if you go further than wax something like g-technic crystal serum but unsure as to prices? But your goal can be achieved by a reputable detailer.

Tony.

you cant beat collinite 476 for price,usability and it will last months if layered

I use Zymol, it's not cheap but lasts for up to 6months, my last car ( jag) body was perfect, going to use it on the Merc

I have just bought a 1994 SL280, my first step into the MB world so a newbie on this forum.

I have had several cars over the years and tried/tested numerous products. I now swear by Bit Hamber products. They do a great range of products, best of all is the auto balm superior gloss, after cleaning body work properly apply this stuff. It gives an amazing finish, repels small stones/grit and water just bounces off. Best prices I have found so far are from opie oils, they have a fleabay shop and worth a look.

Why not try a paint sealant.

Chemical Guys JetSeal 109 Auto Detailing Resin Paint Sealant/Protectant JetSeal 109

supposed to last quite well 12 month + if layered,

Mind you a good quality wax will last longer if layered, I use Auto Finesse "Passion"
works for me on a silver car.

I just love the marketing BS in that advert "nano technology" "molecularly bonds to the paintwork "

Yeah right

I'm quite a fan of sealants and use Poorboys EX-P which is a functional amino resin and lasts well. In fact I will be doing the clk with black hole glaze and EX-P this morning. Agree layered wax is just as effctive but more time consuming

Last edited:
I've tried all of the above and some are good. These days, my weapon of choice is Autosmart Topaz. It is uber-easy to apply, gives a lovely shine and the best bit is that is lasts for ages making subsequent washes very easy.

On first buying it, as a test, I applied one coat to our Iridium Silver SL and six weeks of washing only later (and the car lived outside), another coat was applied. Not because the first coat had stopped working - using just a hose washed off bird poo and most of the dirt - I just became fed up of waiting for the slickness and shine to diminish.

I'm gradually whittling down my previous test buys (including all of the above) now that I have found exactly the right product for me.

EDIT: My son's A220 is Cirrus white…he now uses Topaz…all the products aimed at white/light vehicles have now been given away.

Last edited:
Poorboys cherry snow foam followed by Poorboys black hole glaze topped off with Poorboys EX-P sealant. Not bad for a 19 year old girl on the original paint

20151223_143507_zpsgg1lbywz.jpg

If its going to get a hard life, then it has to be G-Techniq for me.
If you can get it indoors for 2 days where its nice and warm then apply it yourself.
A few hours spent on YouTube will show you how its applied, just follow the instructions carefully.
If your car had a dark paint colour then I would say leave it to a pro, on rare occasions G-Techniq can leave "shading" on dark metallic paint types.

Hi I got a new C350e on order and I've got a arrival date of mid January. :thumb:

What wax would anyone recommend? The colour is diamond white so I'm unsure what route to go, Dodo juice maybe?:confused:

I'm not experienced so I'm unsure what to use, anyone got any ideas what i shall use?

Thanks

I use Adams Patriot Wax from Prestige car care.

I have to agree with Sylvo, Bilt Hmaber have some incredible products, Auto Express whether for good or bad highly recommend them and I have never had any issues and the products work as well as anything else if not a little better in my opinion. Like jotter22 says, it is down to preference so try a couple of different ones on various panels and see which stands the test of time. I got samples from the companies that offer them and borrowed others from from friends, and Bilt Hamber won on my '99 Alfa Romeo Spider and now using on my C220. Award-Winning Car Detailing, Finishing and Surface Care Products | Rust Prevention and Rust Removal Products | Bilt Hamber Laboratories - Bilt Hamber

Wow so many replies! Thanks to everyone who replied, theres so much choice, I've been looking at videos and pictures of all the products. One product that really shocked me was gtechniq crystal serum, the finish of it is unbelievable! But the problem I have is not having a garage as it needs to be in a dry atmosphere ideally and that to for a day or two. Also if you mess up, wow its so hard to get off?! I know I can get a detailer to do it for me but, I want to do it my self, as it'll satisfying to myself, maybe I should leave it to the professionals...

Last edited:
+1 for the Carlack Arcrylic system as its fantastic - especially on lighter colours. Carlack Acrylic Kit | Best Selling Synthetic Car Paint Protection Kit
If you use this kit build up 3 or 4 layers then pop something like Bilt Hamber double speed wax on top - it will look amazing and last very well. You could top up the shine now an again with Sonax brilliant shine detailer. Its even good for mid metallics....

18978539142_2fdc99dd64_k.jpg

Last edited:
Just a tip from the TT forum, wash your car with baby shampoo (tesco`s is OK), the science behind this is that it does not wash your expensive polish off but is strong enough to dissolve the road dirt, the shine on my 2005 76000 mile TT is equal to the shine on my garage queen 7500 mile Porsche, the TT also stands out, try it and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom