New car, protecting new paintwork?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pitts Pilot

Car
SL63 AMG 6.3, VW Tiguan 2.0
I have just got a new car - a VW Tiguan- and I need some advice on how to keep the paintwork in top condition.

My SL63 I had detailed and then I'm using Gtechniq V2 nano coating, and this works very well in protecting and helping dirt come off when washing (2 bucket method).

However, I have never had a new car, so I was wondering what to do with new paint? Any special prep required?

I had considered just washing and then electric buffing with Autogylm Super Resin Polish. A lazy way to achieve some half decent protection. Bad idea?

Thanks,
Robert

I too have a new car coming in a few weeks time and I will be doing the following;

Make sure the dealership don't do a prep valet as this will likely cause some initial damage but washing the car using the 'five pound' in and out job!

1. Rinse down with pressure washer.
2. Apply snow foam and allow to dwell.
3. Rinse off.
4. Apply IronX and allow to react.
5. Rinse off.
6. Apply TarX to any tar spots.
7. Apply citrus cleaner and allow to dwell.
8. Rinse off.
9. Clean wheels with Bilberry wheel cleaner.
10. Clean inner wheel arches with degreaser.
11. Wash and dry car using the two bucket method.
12. Clay car with soft clay.
13. Rinse car off.
14. Hand or dual action paint cleanse.
15. Wipe down with panel wipe to remove polish residue/oils.
16. Apply G-techniq C2 to bodywork.
17. Apply sealant to wheels.
18. Apply exterior trim protection.
19. Polish glass
20. Apply tyre dressing.

The list for the interior is similarly long so I will leave that to another time.

I know it is extensive but it will be worth it!

What about using GTechniq Crystal Serum Light and EXO V2 instead? Far superior.

why not let your detailer do a new car detail and protection? I know it's only a VW but why treat it any different to the SL.

Tony.

I'm getting my new A45 done next week.

Full new car detail inc machine polishing and sealing with Gtechniq Crystal Serum and Exo, inc wheels off and treated with Crystal Serum, all interior done with Gtechniq L1 and I1 and glass with G1 but not 100% sure about having the windscreen coated because of possible dragging wipers.

Not cheap but should keep it looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom