New car quote from Norton Heritage Fleet cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
My new car arrives today and of course, I just remembered it needed insurance. So I ring Norton Heritage who handle all my classics and my absurd fleet.

Jayne Devey there has looked after me for years, she is unfailingly sweet and delightful to deal with and their policies are normally competitive, even if not absolutely the best deal.

The quote was fine - this is what I said "Even if it had been more I would have accepted it, it is always a joy dealing with you, you are so helpful and go out of your way to give good service, so of course I'd accept it."

As an example - last week my beautiful Citroen SM had a major breakdown a few miles away from home. I have my breakdown cover through Norton handled by a third party but had forgotten my policy details. In panic I rang Jane who got me all I needed to know and when the breakdown firm claimed I wasn't covered, she sorted it all out, in a really nice calm way when I was pretty frantic. Today she asked about the Citroen.

I have no connection, shares or any financial interest in these guys, but I wholeheartedly recommend them. It is such a change from the norm.

Charles, glad to read of your great relationship with Norton Heritage Insurance. In other aspects of my life, I have similar relationships with the company that cleans my windows, the garage that looks after my Ford Focus and my local butcher. They are such pleasant people to do business with, they make my day.

I must say I feel the same about the NFU, they really are very good, I shifted pretty much all our insurance to them several years ago. Nothing is too much trouble for them; indeed on the very first day they were on cover for the cars, SWBO had an expensive prang in a nearly new 163. One telephone call, seriously, one call and it was all dealt with.

When I chop and change carts there's never any of this "admin fee" nonsense and they always bend over backwards to help.

As with yours Charles, they're not the cheapest, but boy do they make life easy :D :thumb:

ETA: They're on par with First Direct imho:D

I think it's known as good old fashioned customer service but due to the high expense of those extra few minutes of caring it'll never catch on

I must say I feel the same about the NFU, they really are very good, I shifted pretty much all our insurance to them several years ago. Nothing is too much trouble for them; indeed on the very first day they were on cover for the cars, SWBO had an expensive prang in a nearly new 163. One telephone call, seriously, one call and it was all dealt with.

When I chop and change carts there's never any of this "admin fee" nonsense and they always bend over backwards to help.

As with yours Charles, they're not the cheapest, but boy do they make life easy :D :thumb:

ETA: They're on par with First Direct imho:D

My neighbour said the same of NFU when I mentioned my experience. My sister was quite miffed to discover she paid the same premium for her BMW Z4 with one claim as I did for my fleet of 7 cars!

It might be good training or the manifestation of very clever relationship management tools, or I'm just lucky in my relationship manager, but I don't care. It is seriously refreshing to have a hassle free experience all the time.

I too use Norton family fleet and concur with Charles. Very good. Very good value.

Just switching my ever-expanding fleet to Norton. And dealing with the non other than Jayne Devey. Charles is correct "unfailing sweet and delightful"

Good to hear a recommendation like this, will give them a try next renewal time. Its always nice to deal with humans with there own mind rather then the ones that can only answer from the preset answers in front of them.:thumb:

Charles have I missed some thing ?? A NEW car is that a new new car and if so what is it !!

Peter, I have indeed got a new new car. A 20 (actually 19 as the animal, vegetable, mineral question is redundant) question quiz will be run tomorrow evening here for the usual prize of an un-claimable bottle of wine from my cellar.

Peter, I have indeed got a new new car. A 20 (actually 19 as the animal, vegetable, mineral question is redundant) question quiz will be run tomorrow evening here for the usual prize of an un-claimable bottle of wine from my cellar.

Please rush me my bottle of wine :thumb:

th

Oops, should have said, premature questioning disqualifies the poster and removes a question.

So 18 questions it shall now be!

Oops, should have said, premature questioning disqualifies the poster and removes a question.

So 18 questions it shall now be!

Was a statement.....

Not met you Charles, but hearsay would suggest that a pink Fiat 500 and your good self would not be a match made in heaven....... ;):rolleyes::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom