New car Spec Changes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gav22

Car
CLA250e
Hi all new to MB ownership...Turning up early Jan a CLA250E Premium Plus. Cannot wait. Just had confirmed by the dealer a few bits have been taken off the spec list:
LED on door cladding omission.
Ambient lighting from the centre console side.
No scuff or kick protection in drivers leg room.
No wireless charging, midline stero or hands free access.

Question I have is around the LED on the door cladding... I am guessing this is the LEDs in the door pockets?

Anyone else had similar deleted from a new order?

Thanks 😊

Hello and welcome. I can’t answer your question personally, but I’m sure someone will, but out of curiosity does the price of the car come down with the removal of features?

Thank you. That was the first question I asked of the lease company. The price has not changed. I have noticed though that the spec for 2022 has changed to the spec I'm getting.

Hi all new to MB ownership...Turning up early Jan a CLA250E Premium Plus. Cannot wait. Just had confirmed by the dealer a few bits have been taken off the spec list:

Question I have is around the LED on the door cladding... I am guessing this is the LEDs in the door pockets?

Thanks 😊
Hi and welcome. I've just taken delivery in the last two weeks of a new GLE53. Nothing deleted, but according to the dealer deletions are taking place "lower down the range" with chips going into higher end/higher margin cars. I can't vouch for that. BMW are doing the same thing but that seems to be right across the range with things like M550i's and 750i's having some options deleted.

Hi and welcome. I've just taken delivery in the last two weeks of a new GLE53. Nothing deleted, but according to the dealer deletions are taking place "lower down the range" with chips going into higher end/higher margin cars. I can't vouch for that. BMW are doing the same thing but that seems to be right across the range with things like M550i's and 750i's having some options deleted.
Cheers. Makes sense that MB would look after the high end models. A few LEDS missing is not the end of the world for me. Bit gutted about the MID line audio though. 🤞 the supply chains get sorted out, and not just for cars 😃

Hello and welcome. I can’t answer your question personally, but I’m sure someone will, but out of curiosity does the price of the car come down with the removal of features?
If it was a Lamborghini or a Porsche, they'd give it a fancy name and charge you more!

CLA Superleggera anyone?

My son took delivery of his A250E PP about a month ago , after a 6 month wait , and the spec omissions were very similar to yours.
When he asked about a reduction in price, the answer was a definite NO and he could cancel the order if he wanted. Too many buyers and too few cars.

If it was a Lamborghini or a Porsche, they'd give it a fancy name and charge you more!

CLA Superleggera anyone?

My son took delivery of his A250E PP about a month ago , after a 6 month wait , and the spec omissions were very similar to yours.
When he asked about a reduction in price, the answer was a definite NO and he could cancel the order if he wanted. Too many buyers and too few cars.
Lots of buyers out there, your right! Used prices on the CLA's is a couple of grand above the list price. They could sell them five times over. How is your lad getting on with hybrid?

Lots of buyers out there, your right! Used prices on the CLA's is a couple of grand above the list price. They could sell them five times over. How is your lad getting on with hybrid?
He seems to be getting on fine with it. It's a company lease so bought because of the low BIK. Charges it FOC in work.

Thanks 😊
I picked up my GLC 2021, they've done away with keyless entry on my premium, Park Assist doesn't work! 50k on a car and they're taking stuff off. My previous CLA220 premium plus was loaded with extras.

OP, you're more forgiving than I would be after that wait and spend.
Funny when you recall that an agreement used to be an agreement.....

First world problems and all that but still.
They'll reduce the warranty to 1 month next, or drop a smaller engine in it, or remove a seat. (Mock me, but....)

Still, you could buy it, sell it at a profit before it's turned a wheel (probably) and buy yourself a car which has on it what you want, just without that new car smell (though a decent detailer can install that).
Or be sat in it for a few years missing that audio feature you spec'd, knowing you're sat in a compromise.

God, I'm grumpy this morning....

Last edited:
I picked up my GLC 2021, they've done away with keyless entry on my premium, Park Assist doesn't work! 50k on a car and they're taking stuff off. My previous CLA220 premium plus was loaded with extras.
Hi, I hope nothing else is missing. Otherwise I would have saved the money and had the Premium one! Will they sort out the Park Assist?

OP, you're more forgiving than I would be after that wait and spend.
Funny when you recall that an agreement used to be an agreement.....

First world problems and all that but still.
They'll reduce the warranty to 1 month next, or drop a smaller engine in it, or remove a seat. (Mock me, but....)

Still, you could buy it, sell it at a profit before it's turned a wheel (probably) and buy yourself a car which has on it what you want, just without that new car smell (though a decent detailer can install that).
Or be sat in it for a few years missing that audio feature you spec'd, knowing you're sat in a compromise.

God, I'm grumpy this morning....
Morning, I've waited that long now I just need a new car. My beloved Leon is ready to move on! I will have to put up with spec for 4 years. (it's still an upgrade on what I had) 👍

Morning, I've waited that long now I just need a new car. My beloved Leon is ready to move on! I will have to put up with spec for 4 years. (it's still an upgrade on what I had) 👍
My son's A250E PP didn't come with Keyless entry either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom