New car time…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jobsworth

MB Enthusiast
Car
One or two...
I’ve only just realised following Lenny’s thread, that I hadn’t mentioned my recent upgrade. I’ve owned my S211 E320 estate since 2018, and had covered about 68k in that time. My wife Becky fancied an upgrade, not because there was anything wrong with the old lug, but just that the tech was a little outdated. She wanted to be able to stream music and podcasts from her phone and she has a weekly 2 hour run to see her elderly aunt in the care home. It’s just nice to have on those longer solo runs. Anyway, we took in quite a nice E250cdi part ex. Only needed a service and a good valet. 72k on it, so 100k less than the old car. Yes, it’s an om651, and I’m not a huge fan, but it passed my over critical inspection and I hope it’ll do the job. Becky likes it anyway - happy wife, happy life, etc 🤣

1702-A824-81-B0-4455-96-ED-586-ED31199-DA.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve only just realised following Lenny’s thread, that I hadn’t mentioned my recent upgrade. I’ve has my S211 E320 estate since 2018, and had covered about 68k in that time. My wife Becky fancied an upgrade, not because there was anything wrong with the old lug, but just that the tech was a little outdated. She wanted to be able to stream music and podcasts from her phone and she has a weekly 2 hour run to see her elderly aunt in the care home. It’s just nice to have on those longer solo runs. Anyway, we took in quite a nice E250cdi part ex. Only needed a service and a good valet. 72k on it, so 100k less than the old car. Yes, it’s an om651, and I’m not a huge fan, but it passed my over critical inspection and I hope it’ll do the job. Becky likes it anyway - happy wife, happy life, etc 🤣

Lovely enjoy.

When my neighbour realised I’d got a new one he was round like a shot asking what I was doing with the old one. He’d bought it from me before we’d even gotten around to discussing the price!
Makes sense to buy a car from you given your trade and high standards!

The new whip looks great too. Handsome car 👍🏻

When my neighbour realised I’d got a new one he was round like a shot asking what I was doing with the old one. He’d bought it from me before we’d even gotten around to discussing the price!
I had a number of friends after my BMW X3 even before I got the i3!
Just love it when a plan comes together 😁

I’ve only just realised following Lenny’s thread, that I hadn’t mentioned my recent upgrade. I’ve owned my S211 E320 estate since 2018, and had covered about 68k in that time. My wife Becky fancied an upgrade, not because there was anything wrong with the old lug, but just that the tech was a little outdated. She wanted to be able to stream music and podcasts from her phone and she has a weekly 2 hour run to see her elderly aunt in the care home. It’s just nice to have on those longer solo runs. Anyway, we took in quite a nice E250cdi part ex. Only needed a service and a good valet. 72k on it, so 100k less than the old car. Yes, it’s an om651, and I’m not a huge fan, but it passed my over critical inspection and I hope it’ll do the job. Becky likes it anyway - happy wife, happy life, etc 🤣

Smart looking wagon 👌

Bought new V W I.D 5 today in glazer white , first electric car although I have tried the 4 out for a couple of weeks and was happy enough. For my 3 to 4 runs of 28s round trips each day it saved me a fortune. But still like the diesel for long trips.

ESTATE.....its an ESTATE car!!!.....Not a wagon!.......even on Mercedes website its an ESTATE!!...we don't live in the USA and we are not part of America ..........yet!!....so what's with all the Americanisms on here!!??? You will be saying its a nice "color" next or that you drive it on the "pavement"!....yall!

......very nice ESTATE car by the way OP!!:):):):):):)

So it is deffo not a shooting brake then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :doh:

LOL......def not....they only have two doors!!!

The smilees were a clue... I was not being that serious..........just like us to stick to English, English....rather than the "septic tank" version of English!!!

ESTATE.....its an ESTATE car!!!.....Not a wagon!.......even on Mercedes website its an ESTATE!!...we don't live in the USA and we are not part of America ..........yet!!....so what's with all the Americanisms on here!!??? You will be saying its a nice "color" next or that you drive it on the "pavement"!....yall!

I think Mercedes call them Touring don't they? We refer to ours as the hearse!

That reminds me actually - when we did a trial run for my sadly now deceased father in law's funeral celebration (when he was still alive - he didn't want to miss out!) i asked him if he would like me to fold the seats down so he could see what it would be like and to get the full experience! That kind of summed up the whole day - was good fun and not at all morbid!

Like, whatever.........:rolleyes:

To throw petrol on the fire, an S211 / S212 / S213 estate cars have the "S" prefix because the stands for "Stationswagen"

A shooting brake (not break) traditionally has two passenger doors, but a few sneaky estate cars and station wagons have borrowed the term to sound more "sporty."

The CLS Shooting Brake doesn't!
Because its not technically an SB.... only a name Merc use for a raked estate..... same as calling the CLS a coupe... no such thing as a four door coupe according to the dictionary..
Anyway this is for a different thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom