New car time - Whats this worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pleased to say that I have settled on a V90 šŸ‘€

Taking delivery at the weekend. Much, much better vehicle than the term ā€˜Volvoā€™ would suggest.

Pretty straightforward really - three men of a certain persuasion arrived, test drive the car, then checked it over and started saying ā€œitā€™s knackered, youā€™ve tried to rip us offā€ etc etc and then basically bullied him (and threatened to come back the day after and set fire to his house!) into accepting Ā£5k less and drove off with the car and the full logbook.
An interesting story. I take it they did not fill out the new keepers part of the logbook before leaving with the car.

Hopefully your friend informed the police of this incident as they probably wanted the car to use in a crime which will no doubt come back to your friend as he will still be the registered keeper.

Taking delivery at the weekend. Much, much better vehicle than the term ā€˜Volvoā€™ would suggest.
Letā€™s see some new car pics when you get it buddy

An interesting story. I take it they did not fill out the new keepers part of the logbook before leaving with the car.

Hopefully your friend informed the police of this incident as they probably wanted the car to use in a crime which will no doubt come back to your friend as he will still be the registered keeper.
As I said in my post - they took the full logbook.

And, yes, obviously, he rang the police; who in the right mind wouldnā€™t?

So you px your car against a V90,as it is 3 weeks since vag offered 21.300 did you try to sell it private before you did the deal?

Glad you liked the V90. We drove one before buying the E-Class estate but my wife found the seats in the V90 less comfortable. I was surprised as they are usually a Volvo strong point.

Ā£1795 ????? I would have given him at least Ā£2000!:)
Sold for Ā£5000!!!

Reactions: JHS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom