New car time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's your views on an Audi A4 Cab 1.8T manual, 2003? For the sake of transparency, I do have one that I'm going to put up for sale soon...

Back on topic, they're surprisingly comfortable, I bought it when I was on a work trip in Leeds, didn't want to catch the train back down and my ML was having work done, so I drove 200 miles back to London in it!

I do have a soft spot for them as they're like I say pretty comfy and have that retro 90s feel about them. Might be worth having a look into them...

Oh apparently they have stock forged internals and see a nice power bump with the k-something-4 turbo and a remap.

What's your views on an Audi A4 Cab 1.8T manual, 2003? For the sake of transparency, I do have one that I'm going to put up for sale soon...

Back on topic, they're surprisingly comfortable, I bought it when I was on a work trip in Leeds, didn't want to catch the train back down and my ML was having work done, so I drove 200 miles back to London in it!

I do have a soft spot for them as they're like I say pretty comfy and have that retro 90s feel about them. Might be worth having a look into them...

Oh apparently they have stock forged internals and see a nice power bump with the k-something-4 turbo and a remap.
I do actually like these but I thought their reliability was somewhat suspicious. Sell the car to me (so to speak).

A pal of mine bought a brand new one in silver back in 2004.

I've always thought them to be a bit underpowered, so a remap sounds good if not too expensive. Never been over keen on the look of them and front wheel drive.

I do actually like these but I thought their reliability was somewhat suspicious. Sell the car to me (so to speak).

A pal of mine bought a brand new one in silver back in 2004.
- Plethora of information out there around issues
- Most issues seem to be around coils, oil sensor, and I've not experienced either of them
- They handle well, are economical (one of the reasons I bought mine, to offset fuel costs but failed miserably as all I did was drive the ML instead)
- Easy and fun to gain power from them, mine is stock, and had I been keeping it, I would have slapped a different turbo in it and had it mapped for near 300bhp fun
- Full electric roof, no faffing around
- 163bhp as stock, it's not super fast, but it's a great foundation for modding
- They still look pretty today
- Can be purchased easily within £1500 for a decent example, way less for one that needs a bit of love (which is where mine fits in)

Not pushing my own car here, as it's not ready for sale just yet but the A4 cab is worth considering.

IMG_20190330_130209_compress57__01.jpgIMG_20190330_130200_compress71__01.jpg
IMG_20190329_173200_compress69.jpg
IMG_20190329_213305_compress18.jpg
IMG_20190329_175211_compress96.jpg

- Plethora of information out there around issues
- Most issues seem to be around coils, oil sensor, and I've not experienced either of them
- They handle well, are economical (one of the reasons I bought mine, to offset fuel costs but failed miserably as all I did was drive the ML instead)
- Easy and fun to gain power from them, mine is stock, and had I been keeping it, I would have slapped a different turbo in it and had it mapped for near 300bhp fun
- Full electric roof, no faffing around
- 163bhp as stock, it's not super fast, but it's a great foundation for modding
- They still look pretty today
- Can be purchased easily within £1500 for a decent example, way less for one that needs a bit of love (which is where mine fits in)

Not pushing my own car here, as it's not ready for sale just yet but the A4 cab is worth considering.

View attachment 101305View attachment 101308
View attachment 101309
View attachment 101306
View attachment 101307
Definitely one more to add to the list. Thanks.

Going to look at this mid-week.

Going to look at this mid-week.
That looks clean. There is a good UK Saab forum that may be of use to you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom