New Car Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr E

MB Enthusiast
Car
57 W211 E280 AG
Hi - been a long time since I've been on here. Lots of stuff has gone on and so would like to share news on the new addition shortly to join, and get get a little bit of advice too.

I put a deposit down on a lovely Designo White A238 E400 yesterday Cabrio. It will replace a much loved CLK320 Cabrio - it was Mrs E's car before she passed away last year and there are just too many sentimental attachments that prevent me enjoying it as much as I want to. It was laid up for about 4 years and the plan was to get it back on the road in 2021, which I did. There are just many niggles with it tho, so it will have to go...

I was blown away by the E400, been grinning ever since putting the deposit down and can't wait to pick it up next week.

2 question that would be good to get your thoughts on:

1. What's the best way of selling the CLK? In reality, although mechanically sound and only 79k miles, it's probably only worth £1.5k with the niggles.

2. I'd like to get a dashcam for the E400. Someone banged the front corner on the CLK and cracked the bumper (another niggle) before driving off and I didn't get to record the number plate.

MB use stays in the family - I gave my E-Class to my son last year and he traded that plus his beloved vRS for a rather nice 2015 E350...

Hi - been a long time since I've been on here. Lots of stuff has gone on and so would like to share news on the new addition shortly to join, and get get a little bit of advice too.

I put a deposit down on a lovely Designo White A238 E400 yesterday Cabrio. It will replace a much loved CLK320 Cabrio - it was Mrs E's car before she passed away last year and there are just too many sentimental attachments that prevent me enjoying it as much as I want to. It was laid up for about 4 years and the plan was to get it back on the road in 2021, which I did. There are just many niggles with it tho, so it will have to go...

I was blown away by the E400, been grinning ever since putting the deposit down and can't wait to pick it up next week.

1. What's the best way of selling the CLK? In reality, although mechanically sound and only 79k miles, it's probably only worth £1.5k with the niggles.

2. I'd like to get a dashcam for the E400. Someone banged the front corner on the CLK and cracked the bumper (another niggle) before driving off and I didn't get to record the number plate.

MB use stays in the family - I gave my E-Class to my son last year and he traded that plus his beloved vRS for a rather nice 2015 E350...
Sorry to hear that buddy .
Post it in the classified section here with details pics etc ?

Sorry to hear that buddy .
Post it in the classified section here with details pics etc ?
Ditto.

Sorry to hear of your sad loss but health to enjoy your new acquisition. 😎👍

Sorry to hear that. Enjoy the E400, it sounds fantastic. A dashcam would be a good idea, especially if you conceal the wiring.

I have just swapped my 2008 CLK 280 Cabrio for an E400 Cabrio as well and also delighted. As for selling the CLK I traded it in as it was in almost perfect condition with only 37K on it so was offered a good price so cant help there.

A clean, convertible with an MOT under £2k should sell quickly at this time of year unless any of the issues are major.

The E400 is great - I just got a coupe (and I installed a dashcam as I have for years on all the cars in the household)
Pics when you can....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom