New car tomorrow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadking

Car
Mercedes E350Cdi
Hi,

Sold my XJ8 on Friday and should be picking up my new E350Cdi Sport tomorrow. Before the XJ I had a 2003 E270 Cdi Avantgarde, my wife currently has an SLK 200k. I can't believe the change in technology since my 2003 E270.

I tested the XF Diesel S, the BMW 525d and the E class before settling on the Sport. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Mike

Hi,

Sold my XJ8 on Friday and should be picking up my new E350Cdi Sport tomorrow. Before the XJ I had a 2003 E270 Cdi Avantgarde, my wife currently has an SLK 200k. I can't believe the change in technology since my 2003 E270.

I tested the XF Diesel S, the BMW 525d and the E class before settling on the Sport. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Mike

Welcome from the night shift Mike - great choice.

Piccies please.

Good Luck with the car, I hope to see some pictures soon.

Welcome to the forum!!! :)

Congratulations Mike you must be very excited some pictures as soon as you can please :thumb:

Hello and welcome to the forum Mike.

Hello Mike
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

What made you decide on the E over the XF?

To be honest, the deal played a large part in the decision. The single most disappointing aspect of the XF was the standard seats. I know that sounds silly but they didn't look like "Jaguar" seats. The sports seats were better but the cars I looked at were 2011 pre registered models and none had that option.

All in all, the E Class made much more financial sense, and the performance was much the same. Residual values were poorer with the Jaguar.

I was originally looking at the E250cdi but in the end went for the E350 since the performance was the same as the XFS on paper, but felt quicker on the road.

Unfortunately it wasn't ready today so it's moved to Tuesday for collection. Another sleepless night!

Regards

Mike

John, the car was already in Zeebrugge when I ordered it ( a cancellation). It's apparently been on a car transporter since Thursday and finally arrived in Glasgow first thing this morning. The PDI couldn't be completed today, some recode? or other needed which won't be available till tomorrow.Could just be an excuse, who knows.

My last e class was a factory collection and I recall trying to get an actual date for it was a bit fraught. Still, all good things come to those who wait.

Mike

John, the car was already in Zeebrugge when I ordered it ( a cancellation). It's apparently been on a car transporter since Thursday and finally arrived in Glasgow first thing this morning. The PDI couldn't be completed today, some recode? or other needed which won't be available till tomorrow.Could just be an excuse, who knows.

My last e class was a factory collection and I recall trying to get an actual date for it was a bit fraught. Still, all good things come to those who wait.

Mike

Thanks Mike.
Here is wishing you well for tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum Mike:thumb:

Got it at last. Picked it up this afternoon. It's even better than I had hoped for. Looking forward to getting the running in bit past and giving it some stick.

Will post pictures as soon as. Can't believe the power in this car.:):):)

Mike

Best of luck with youre new car,hope its lucky for you,welcome to the forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom