New Car - W213

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sc3992

I currently have a W212, but got caught at the weekend in the MB showroom and purchased an unregistered W213 E class.

What surprised me is the good deal that I got, it was too good to resist.

It's a E220 SE with the 2ltr 9 speed auto gearbox, it will be interesting to compare it with the current W212 E220 2.1ltr 7 speed auto.

Does anyone have experience of these models in comparison with each other or of the W213?

Sounds great. I really like the new E. The w212 is looking really dated now, especially at the rear.

Post a few pics when you get it.

Ant.

I currently have a W212, but got caught at the weekend in the MB showroom and purchased an unregistered W213 E class.

What surprised me is the good deal that I got, it was too good to resist.

It's a E220 SE with the 2ltr 9 speed auto gearbox, it will be interesting to compare it with the current W212 E220 2.1ltr 7 speed auto.

Does anyone have experience of these models in comparison with each other or of the W213?
I've got one due in a couple of weeks. I specced it on Carwow and a dealer quoted 15% discount. I think there are some great deals to be had while they get the model established and out onto the roads.

Hope you enjoy yours!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got the W213, amazing having done a journey of 79 miles at normal speed the trip read 86.1 mpg.......

Attachments

• image-2188474310.jpg
    image-2188474310.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 290
  • image-563439486.jpg
    image-563439486.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 279
  • image-3234655614.jpg
    image-3234655614.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 277
  • image-3407790594.jpg
    image-3407790594.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 294
My W213 (to replace my W212) arrives in about 4-5 weeks time. Similar to Swd80, I used carwow and got 15.9% discount off the list prices.

I've heard that the Premium Plus is currently on Stop Sale (I presume demand is outstripping supply).

I would have loved the premium plus package on mine but it would have delayed the sale.

The only concern is that black is hard to keep clean but looks good when it has been cleaned.......

A few afternoons with bucket I suppose.........

My new E220d

I've had my new E220d for 3 weeks (1000 miles) now. Overall it's very good indeed. My economy from new has been 46mpg, I got 54 on a long run and usually 39 on the 6 mile drive to work. There is plenty of overtaking ability. The gearbox is smooth although you will notice it dropping a couple of gears when you accelerate from say 40 to 50. The kallaite green is lovely when clean and the sun is shining. The seats are very comfortable and there's tons of space. I have standard suspension and 18'' rims and the ride is excellent. The headlights (standard LEDs) are top class. The Burmester (basic version) is very powerful and clear with good tight bass. I don't think the multimedia system is as good as Audi's. I listen to music from a 64gb USB stick. You can't go back from track to album to folder. Also there is no volume display at all. The cover art only shows on some albums and there is no simple way of returning on the display to the track being played. None of these things were issues in the A6. Also the Garmin satnav can be very slow to recalculate if you make a wrong turn. My criticisms are small. On the whole it is a lovely comfortable car that feels like what a Merc should feel like - luxurious and cosseting and a bit special - three things the Audi wasn't.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 168
Sounds great. I really like the new E. The w212 is looking really dated now, especially at the rear.

Post a few pics when you get it.

Ant.
Why do you think the 212 looks dated ? I've got 2 and they look pretty ok to me.

On the whole it is a lovely comfortable car that feels like what a Merc should feel like - luxurious and cosseting and a bit special - three things the Audi wasn't.
^ There's an owner who has understood the core attributes of a Mercedes.

Glad you're enjoying it :thumb:

This grill you got looks like that is not available in UK..?? I like that classic grill more than what we have in the UK.

I've had my new E220d for 3 weeks (1000 miles) now. Overall it's very good indeed. My economy from new has been 46mpg, I got 54 on a long run and usually 39 on the 6 mile drive to work. There is plenty of overtaking ability. The gearbox is smooth although you will notice it dropping a couple of gears when you accelerate from say 40 to 50. The kallaite green is lovely when clean and the sun is shining. The seats are very comfortable and there's tons of space. I have standard suspension and 18'' rims and the ride is excellent. The headlights (standard LEDs) are top class. The Burmester (basic version) is very powerful and clear with good tight bass. I don't think the multimedia system is as good as Audi's. I listen to music from a 64gb USB stick. You can't go back from track to album to folder. Also there is no volume display at all. The cover art only shows on some albums and there is no simple way of returning on the display to the track being played. None of these things were issues in the A6. Also the Garmin satnav can be very slow to recalculate if you make a wrong turn. My criticisms are small. On the whole it is a lovely comfortable car that feels like what a Merc should feel like - luxurious and cosseting and a bit special - three things the Audi wasn't.

Got the W213, amazing having done a journey of 79 miles at normal speed the trip read 86.1 mpg.......
Hi, is the car black?

Also, is that the nut brown interior?

Finally, are those the 18" wheels?

Sorry for all the questions!

They're a big improvement over the w212. A massive step up in refinement. The om651 was always a noisy unreliable pile of crap but the om654 of its type is class leading.

I felt the 9 speed transmission, seat comfort and interior were wonderful but the way the cars are sold with the options in packages meant I couldn't specify the car the way I wanted too.

I drove W213 last three days, fully spec'd e220 loan car, much better then my W212. Still love my E :)

My new E220D.

Loving it so far! The stand out features to me are the Headlights and Widescreen Cockpit.

Attachments

• Car 2.jpg
    Car 2.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 89
Is this grill ( Classic ..??) available in UK..?? I don't think so..

Just as I'm pulling all my finances together to shell out for one... :(

Obviously I'm going to be biased by my means, but I really like the 212, especially the front. Really angular and mean looking.

I have the S213, I also drove the W212 prior to getting it and there is a marked difference (smoother) between the old 177 bhp engine and the new 191bhp unit the new 9 speed gearbox is also much smoother.

The interior of the new car is also more to my taste I wasn't keen on the W212 interior, but that's a personal thing.

Obviously I'm going to be biased by my means, but I really like the 212, especially the front. Really angular and mean looking.

Not sure I'm that biased. I just happen to have always really like the profile and rear. I was looking at pictures of an E63 212 saloon on Pistonheads the other day thinking that it was the best looking E since the 210 E55.

Needs the right wheels to really set it off but I thinks it's a great design, personally.

Okay, I am biased, but I think that the rear of the W212 facelift is much nicer than the W213 which looks a bit soft and unresolved. That said, I'm sure the W213 is a cracking car.
d7f850c5ddead2a7b7eb933a4cf6ca8a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom