New car wanted but unsure what to get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
I have a budget of about 10k and fancy a new car. I have always liked Range Rovers and quite fancy one.

Needs to be diesel really and cool.

What do I buy?

That's an idea but time to do such conversions is almost impossible with the way work is right now and of course space is an issue too.

I do really like G Wagons and also they hold their value well.

You need a 2007 Black E320 CDI, saloon with rear TV screens/Playstation - and a free Brabus spoiler too.

Owner of sound mind and body (well, body anyway) :D.

developer215 said:
You need a 2007 Black E320 CDI, saloon with rear TV screens/Playstation - and a free Brabus spoiler too.

Like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
developer215 said:

How much?

jpwilliams said:
Toyota Landcruiser in black !

Regards
John

Hmmm. Got a ropey Hi-lux in the fleet already.

The Landcruiser does nothing for me...

I think the new Range Rover isn't so far away. So prices of old ones might fall a little further then, plus with the inevitable rise in fuel prices, the longer you wait the cheaper they'll be.

Its gotta be a G-Wagon, you can tinker with it for years!

I could do you a good deal on a nice Black 190e:) it wont take up any more space than it already is.

Olly, wanna buy mine. £8k as there is a load of Eibach and Blistein kit in the suspension. It would breakdown a lot, but a man of proficiency like you could fix it.

I can deliver the car to you in Mid May when I will be at your GTG.

I have a budget of about 10k and fancy a new car. I have always liked Range Rovers and quite fancy one.

Needs to be diesel really and cool.

What do I buy?

I am shocked! don't know what to say, words fail me, what can I say, need to say something, cannot find the words! bloody hell, Olly in an RR mood! and diesel to boot, going to bed, will think about this tonight, and return in the morning with my verdict. and an answer to this problem, at the moment, I seem to think, Olly's gone mad, might have done an hours over time tonight, and its affected his judgement due tio not getting to trhe local on time. Deep deep thinking here!.

Diesel RR at 10k gets you a really slow car, with all the joy of testing out if the first new Range Rovers were built well - do you feel lucky?

Great cars though, albeit quite noisy in diesel form.

Not many diesels, but an original Range Rover Classic is drop dead cool..

I used to have an RR 4.4 V8,and I've driven a family members 3 litre TD6 a fair bit, at that budget you would be looking at a TD6 and it's a horrible engine for the car, very slow and the gearboxes are a weak point, if you're going to do it go for a V8 and LPG it, the engine suits the car alot better and their more reliable, plus £10k will get you a decent lower mileage V8.

How about a nice facelift W163 V8 if you can find a good one. Or the " bonkers option" SRT-8 hemi V8 Cherokee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom