New Car - Wow! - tips please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OC_Merc

Car
C220 CDI AMG Sport Plus Auto
Hi All,

I picked up our new C220 CDI Auto Sports Plus Coupe today and I have to say I'm impressed!!! Do you guys have any tips on running it in properly? Or any else I can do to make sure it stays in tip top condition? Never had a new Merc so I'm interested in other people's experiences.

BTW, in an earlier thread I was a bit miffed with missed delivery dates but in the end it was only 4 weeks late and the customer care was very good, which made up for it, in fact they gave me an Exec model as a courtesy car which had 6k on the clock, but was much louder than this new one for a diesel. Sports plus option was a vey good choice together with the Pan Roof.

Cheers

Hi All,

I picked up our new C220 CDI Auto Sports Plus Coupe today and I have to say I'm impressed!!! Do you guys have any tips on running it in properly?

Just drive normally and give it full power up some steep hills.

Check they haven't overfilled it with engine oil from the factory--- seriously. You might like to treat it to some high cetane rated diesel for its first few 1000 miles. Make sure you give it a " brisk" 20 minute trip every 300 miles or so to burn off any slow running DPF deposits if you do a lot of short town journeys.

Thanks for the advice so far guys:thumb:

Gorgeous car, great engine choice, hope you enjoy the car :)

Here you go ;)

Yummy! Good luck with the new Coupe.

Only advice I can give is to keep those alloys away from kerbs!:rock:

Yup, have told the wife to keep away from those kerbs. Those wheels are a work of art! I will upload a pic of the wheels when it stops stops raining!

ha i second magoo there - i have learned the hard way!

Kerbing Wheels!! Usually happens on a brand new wheel or just after a refurb!!

Anyway ...... Enjoy!! Keep smiling and loving the experience

Congratulations, hope you have lots of good times together :)

Yup, have told the wife to keep away from those kerbs. Those wheels are a work of art! I will upload a pic of the wheels when it stops stops raining!

Car looks lovely! :) Experience suggests that the magnetic attraction of kerbs and wheels is directly proportional to the diameter of the wheels….I’m having to live with 23” on the company car.
Fortunately, as yet unblemished;)

Car looks lovely! :) Experience suggests that the magnetic attraction of kerbs and wheels is directly proportional to the diameter of the wheels….I’m having to live with 23” on the company car.
Fortunately, as yet unblemished;)

Beauts too!

My 20"s on my ML are practically untouchable as the rubber sits about half an inch wider than the wheel. It's almost impossible to kerb them. Good design. :D

New car fault

Hi all again,

Well, less than 24 hours since picking up the brand new car and it has now developed a minor fault with the turn signal rear light. Apologies if this be in the electrics section but may get moved. Fair play to the dealer, they came out straight away to my work place but when checking the fault it had rectified itself.

Drove home tonight and it happened again! May look more serious than I thought? At home, I ensured the connections were fully home but fault remained, locked it up and indicator still not working, but then unlocked again after the all the lights had gone out and indicator working again! - weird, anybody else had this issue? Will drop it in to the dealer tomorrow to check and fix, as this is bound to happen again. Again, the salesman/ dealer has been very helpful.

It's that rogue consignment of indicators that ended up at the MB factory by mistake - they were meant to go on BMWs

Hiya! had my saloon just over a month now, been washing it lots as its black, you may find the need for mud flaps pretty soon (see my other posts for links). I've learnt how to wash mine with extreme care, using only water, I have the hose on constantly soaking the whole car from top to bottom using a very frequently rinsed microfibre mit, roof first then working down, taking extra care where most of the gritty dirt is on the lower panels behind the wheels, not managed to scratch it yet, this washing lark becomes a serious condition and the neighbours think I'm potty. I've reached 1k miles so far and not had any problems so far, fuel consumption is not as good as hoped, best figure so far is 54 on a 9 mile commute to work on the Isle of Wight roads (worst in uk) the average mpg is about 38 when driving normally, supposed to be well over 45, time will tell. Enjoy your new car especially finding out what does what, when you find out how to understand how all the heating controls work please let me know. Eddie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom