New car, wrong alloys.... HELP!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why not just fit the correct rims and tyres that were fitted when it was new ! The car will handle like it was designed to and you will have no problems with your insurance company ! Or am I just a miserable old g*t?

Why not just fit the correct rims and tyres that were fitted when it was new ! The car will handle like it was designed to and you will have no problems with your insurance company ! Or am I just a miserable old g*t?

He has a good set of amg alloys in black .the original wheels. Why going to 19 inch is beyond me. Boys n toys springs to mind..

Not miserable at all. Having seen my car with the original rims and these new ones the car (in my opinion) is like chalk and cheese and I think the stance is far better sitting on 19's. This is why I'm doing my upmost to find the configuration that won't impact the car. Each to their own....

Here is my 2p worth. Going by the info you have provided, 19's will go on BUT how they affect the car will depend on the tyre sizes.

If you use (as previous posters have suggested) a tyre size of 255/30/19 on the rear. It will push your wheels out by 16mm so physically check the tyre still sits within the arch. I would imagine it will and therefore will be fine. It would be like using a spacer in effect.

Using a 235/35/19 on the front pushes your wheels out 20mm from the OEM set up. Again you would have to check for clearance, may look ok, but catch when trying to turn. By using a 225/35/19 they would only protrude 15mm and maybe a better fit overall.

Using this set up, will knock your speedo out between 0.3% and 1.5% (eg when travelling at 60mph, it will show you are travelling at 60.2mph & 60.9mph).

HTH
Thank you so much for your input on this, I really appreciate it.

I appreciate there was a difference of opinion here but today I finally got the car looking how I wanted it too..... Thanks to everyone who did help, advice was most appreciated! Here's a before/after pic

Attachments

• received_507792096804485.jpeg
    received_507792096804485.jpeg
    381.8 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Abb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom