New car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robby

Car
Smart Roadster
Well not new, but new to me.

The 190 would need a new engine to go back on the road, and is as good as sold as is.

So its been replaced with a 1996 ford scorpio 2.3 ultima. Only had it 2 days, but I like it so far. Very big and lots of toys.

Those Scorpios are pretty well fully loaded. Enjoy!

EDIT: I know someone that ran theirs pretty much dry of oil for a while too and it survived!

Robby said:
Well not new, but new to me.

The 190 would need a new engine to go back on the road, and is as good as sold as is.

So its been replaced with a 1996 ford scorpio 2.3 ultima. Only had it 2 days, but I like it so far. Very big and lots of toys.

Very nice ..... enjoy :)

If its an Auto, watch those chocolate boxes! ;)

I used to have a 96/N scorpio (about 4 years ago!), and it was a bargain back then (£2K, but with 120K @ 4 years old!), but did have its fair share of problems (Not the gearbox, thankfully!)

Other common faults I remember were wining rear diffs, head gaskets and drive shafts.

Nice and comfortable bargain barges though!

Good luck,

Will

Used to love Hiring Scorpio's in the good old days for holidays. Bit thirsty as I remember, but I was not used to Diesel economy then so didn't care. ;)

It is an auto - quite a nice box on it, but it seems to rev a bit going into second.

They do have their fair share of problems, but this one is pretty much ok. Due a service soon, and I'll probably take it to a garage to keep up the FSH. Never had a car serviced by a garage before.

It has a MAF too. I'll be giving that a clean tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom