New Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcos

MB Enthusiast
Car
C43 estate
Just need a bit of advice really.
At the end of January I ordered a new C43 estate and was told delivery would be end of March. They told me last week it’s due to them on the 27th April so I thought fine but she said to check today just to make sure. Rang today and have been told it’s now not being delivered to them till the 2nd May. I’m in North London and the dealer is in wales so I need to book a train and a hotel but keep getting messed about.
I’ve always dealt with my local dealer and the cars have always come on time or quicker, am I being well and truly f****d about or is this normal nowadays ? For reference the car was built week commencing 2nd April.

Just need a bit of advice really.
At the end of January I ordered a new C43 estate and was told delivery would be end of March. They told me last week it’s due to them on the 27th April so I thought fine but she said to check today just to make sure. Rang today and have been told it’s now not being delivered to them till the 2nd May. I’m in North London and the dealer is in wales so I need to book a train and a hotel but keep getting messed about.
I’ve always dealt with my local dealer and the cars have always come on time or quicker, am I being well and truly f****d about or is this normal nowadays ? For reference the car was built week commencing 2nd April.
Why order from Wales when you are based in London, unless you speak Welsh or have a broad Welsh accent or wear a sheep outfit I suspect you may be treated as a foreigner?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mine was delayed for unknown reasons. Until they get the date it’s left the factory they can’t be sure. With mine it was a delay with the 9 speed box which was then new on the E350.

Just have to be patient; it’ll be worth the wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why order from Wales when you are based in London, unless you speak Welsh or have a broad Welsh accent or wear a sheep outfit I suspect you may be treated as a foreigner?

Because the discount on an AMG round here is pathetic and up there it was rather good.

Because the discount on an AMG round here is pathetic and up there it was rather good.
Interesting you would have thought more AMGs would be bought in London than Wales and therefore dealers will have hit their targets and get better discounts ...

So...

Pay a bit more at a local dealer and get deliveries on schedule, or pay a bit less from a dealer some distance away and there are a series of delays. Hmmm....

Seriously, I would suspect it's more to do with production constraints due to parts availability and the vagaries of shipping rather than anything in the dealer's control. Also, I suspect that prices are keener in Wales for the halo models as they will have sales targets to meet that the London dealers probably exceed with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom