New car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bet the 20’s look good though 😉
It does. Made it back averaged 49mpg so says the trip so that will do.

Comand crashed twice though is that common?

I bought my GLC a month ago blind.
The dealer was 300 mile away so took the chance after telling the salesman if I notice any marks what’s so ever the car would be rejected and returned.
car came in A1 condition but so it should have it’s only done 5500 mile .
first time I have ever spent this much on a car and bought blind . I must me mad

I bought my GLC a month ago blind.
The dealer was 300 mile away so took the chance after telling the salesman if I notice any marks what’s so ever the car would be rejected and returned.
car came in A1 condition but so it should have it’s only done 5500 mile .
first time I have ever spent this much on a car and bought blind . I must me mad
This has only done 16k in 3years 8 months it seems in vgc only 363 miles per month. Was a pleasure to drive it back nice and relaxing

How do I find out the cars service history? Need to send a copy to my work but can't see it anywhere on the display

Just noticed something on the car I think it has a square wheel setup even though it has the 20's should be 8" and 9" but I think I have 9" allround as there is a hellish stretch on the fronts they are 245/35 on the front as it's supposed to have

But look at the stretch! Not as bad as them dub guys in their bad whips ;) seeing as they were fitted at factory it seems odd unless it's had replacement front wheels :s
IMG_20201214_164006.jpg

My 20" have rim protector tyres fitted, no idea how well they work though! :dk:

These do too well the front are not of much use on the wider rim.

Just sent an email with other issues in too see what they say :( wish I could have spent more time looking over it now but it was sat out side in the rain and the sales person was complaining they were cold

Yes you said :( hey ho if they had it inside not in the rain then I could have but I have every faith they will correct their mistakes after all they did say there wasn't any damage. I'm sure they will want their 2k of wrong rims back but I suppose it's going to cost them another 2k for the 8" wide ones o_O

Should have a staggered set up although the original owner may have optioned a square set up.

This site shows all the 20" OEM wheels for a S213 along with Part#s are tyre sizes.

Should have a staggered set up although the original owner may have optioned a square set up.

This site shows all the 20" OEM wheels for a S213 along with Part#s are tyre sizes.

The build sheet lists rvq as the alloy option 20" AMG multi spoke in titanium

Last edited:
Right it's been I to mb Doncaster for last 2 days it has faulty softclose on drivers door a tweeter on rear passenger door had come detached, and faulty control module on the air suspension Southampton really didn't do a good job checking it over!

Right it's been I to mb Doncaster for last 2 days it has faulty softclose on drivers door a tweeter on rear passenger door had come detached, and faulty control module on the air suspension Southampton really didn't do a good job checking it over!
Same with my car with excessive play/wear on ball joint.

I suggest you email MBCS UK & Marshalls complaints dept to point out these issues. MB advertises their Approved Used Car Scheme as if they are prepared to near showroom condition.

It’s only right that these things should be brought to their attention.

Same with my car with excessive play/wear on ball joint.

I suggest you email MBCS UK & Marshalls complaints dept to point out these issues. MB advertises their Approved Used Car Scheme as if they are prepared to near showroom condition.

It’s only right that these things should be brought to their attention
Draughting one as we speak!
Total list so far.
Soft close.
Air suspension
Tweeter.
Mileage issue on service history.
Paint damage.

So not too bad ;)

Oh and should there be any sort of book pack with the cars these days? As I received nothing at all

Hmm another one for the list

Such a minefield when buying a car from a dealer , even mercedes dealers can’t be trusted . I’m pretty sure the garage knew all the cars little issues and will have pointed them out to the previous owner when he traded it . i hope you get everything sorted out but I’ll be very surprised if you get what you want , they will dither and delay until you get fed up and if they are a distance away it’s going to cost you every time you take it back . I know as I’ve been there , they’ll fix the smaller less expensive jobs and wriggle out of anything else .
Warranty is another con in my view , our last car purchase was a E250 amg night edition , and after about 3 months I had two faults that the warranty didn’t cover so I got them repaired at my expense. Anyway I apologise for being so negative but as a car enthusiast I felt so annoyed that I didn’t spend more time examining the car , and although the dealer was only 150 miles away it was such a hassle when taking it back as I had to spend the whole day waiting for it .
I also feel if you discovered one fault then perhaps they missed it but several then it’s more likely they knew .
Very best of luck , your not alone in having this sort of problem , I got more joy from the dealer after I had given up on them properly fixing the issues , I went on every social media page where they were mentioned including their own web page and I left negative feedback , they hated that and were on to me straight away with an offer for me to remove my comments , which covered my costs of having the repairs done and a little extra on top .
I look forward to hearing how you get on , remember don’t settle for anything less than what you expected when buying the car ..

So far Doncaster have been good. They are fixing the 3 main problems and I have a c220d cab for a week feel bad it's only done 900 miles but was fun with the roof down in the 2 Deg temps yesterday. Will keep updating on the outcomes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom