New car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh the first aid kit where does it hide? Oh and tool kit is there one?

Oh and should there be any sort of book pack with the cars these days? As I received nothing at all
Have you checked in the rear centre armrest?

Have you checked in the rear centre armrest?
Cars in the dealer so nope. Just noticed there was one in the loan car so thought I'd ask if it's std. I know with runflats alot of toolkits got deleted so didn't know if it should have even a pump or if it's gone Walky like the book pack or just didn't come with one

I have spotted this thread a bit late. OP , you bought a car unseen and when you arrived to collect it it was stood outside in the rain ? And by your own admission you have not seen it's service history ?

That is a leap of faith I would be unwilling to make. having said that, people on here will guide you on all things Mercedes Benz. Happy New Year.

I have spotted this thread a bit late. OP , you bought a car unseen and when you arrived to collect it it was stood outside in the rain ? And by your own admission you have not seen it's service history ?

That is a leap of faith I would be unwilling to make. having said that, people on here will guide you on all things Mercedes Benz. Happy New Year.
Yep about sums it up. But as a mb approved used car there shouldn't be any issues with it. It's not history checked out, in theory mb won't re sell anything that has missed a service of it's too far out of date. It's not a dodgy back street dealer. All I had was a video of a dirty car that had just come in to stock, it's a rare spec so it was a chance I took but paying extra as it was a mb approved used at least got me a warranty that will actually fix things ;)

Cars in the dealer so nope. Just noticed there was one in the loan car so thought I'd ask if it's std. I know with runflats alot of toolkits got deleted so didn't know if it should have even a pump or if it's gone Walky like the book pack or just didn't come with one
I was talking about the book pack, hence my quoting your question.

As an aside and a bit of a thread hijack is this a car (no offence OP) that just shows the madness of fashion over reality when it comes to wheel/tyre size .

In what world does a car that has about 190 bhp 295 ft/lbs of torque need 275/30/20's on the rear and 245's on the front !? (it's a rhetorical question by the way) . I think the base model with the same engine came out with 205/16.

Probably look good though.

As an aside and a bit of a thread hijack is this a car (no offence OP) that just shows the madness of fashion over reality when it comes to wheel/tyre size .

In what world does a car that has about 190 bhp 295 ft/lbs of torque need 275/30/20's on the rear and 245's on the front !? (it's a rhetorical question by the way) . I think the base model with the same engine came out with 205/16.

Probably look good though.
Agree entirely they dont need them at all if be happier with 18" really when funds replenish I may get some for extra waft when the suspension works rather than it feeling like it's on cut springs :D

I was at the detailer I use he had a brand new s63 amg cab bought with only 30 miles on it having it detailed the owner had a HUGE shock when he received a phone call from my guy telling him it has had a rear end job with a rubbish repair ,all hpi clear bought direct from Mercedes still on going 2 months later so just because it's a main dealer still can't trust them (nice way to spend £170,000)

Update car is back from Doncaster service there has been very good the person I have been dealing with has been great. Car is riding much nicer now, the rattle has gone too but today I found a rather large coarse thread torx head screw on the drivers seat so wonder what they haven't screwed back in properly! Anyway Southampton have stepped up once their CS team got involved and mercedes UK have taken an interest. Car is getting paint work sorted, book pack has been sent and mileage has been corrected on the dsb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom