New Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
Well , The smart is gone and its been replaced :)

Ive done my bit for carbon footprint reduction and now i can get back on the global warming ladder :)

Ive bought an E320 CDI Avantgarde

Obsidian Black
Palma Grey leather
17" Ankaa Alloys
Through load system
Parktronic
Heated Seats
Comand
Telephone Prewire

So , ive had time for nothing this week so no pictures so far. Ill give it a wash at the weekend and take some pickies and post them.

So Far MPG hasnt been that far behind the smart. My normal commute in the smart was getting 32mpg and the E320 CDI is getting 28.

Same can be said on longer journeys. Smart 35mpg, e320cdi on the same journey 42mpg.

Im very pleased so far.:D

Congrats

Sounds nice and look forward to pics

Marc

Congratulations on the purchase fuzzer. Seems like a well specced up example too.

Sounds a great car -- is that the latest V6 does it have the 7G box?

Same can be said on longer journeys. Smart 35mpg, e320cdi on the same journey 42mpg.

That is appalling for the Smart.

If the e320 is getting 42mpg on a given journey you might expect a E200 to get around 35 on the same journey.

Very nice, I've got a 2005 V6 7G, best I've got out of it is 42mpg @ 70mph with cc on.

Nice new car, it's a model I'd like to own oneday.

Though I have to agree with the Smart comments. My Smart gives me 50mpg on short town journeys and upto 70mpg on the motorway.

Depends what speed you drive at, a smart at 55mph I can imagine returning 70mph, take it to 85mph though and it is going to drop like a stone.

I have now done 2 tanks of all town driving in the E320 petrol and on both thanks it returned 24mpg, well first one was 24.2 and the second one 23.7, but the temperature this last tank has been alot colder.
This is all sub 8 mile jouneys, starting from cold and not thinking about consumption at all. Made a conscious effort not to look at the computer till I filled up, otherwise there is the temptation to reset it! :)

Would like to hear your long term report on the E320cdi, specially average fuel consumption, if you only get 35mpg from the smart it sounds like you drive like I do! ;)

I want to swap to a W211, not sure whether to go over to diesel or just buy another E320 cheap as no one wants them.

Look forward to seeing it at the GTG in January? ;) ;) ;)

That is appalling for the Smart.

If the e320 is getting 42mpg on a given journey you might expect a E200 to get around 35 on the same journey.

tell me about it , i wasnt best pleased with the mpg of the smart. :mad:

Would like to hear your long term report on the E320cdi, specially average fuel consumption, if you only get 35mpg from the smart it sounds like you drive like I do! ;)

I want to swap to a W211, not sure whether to go over to diesel or just buy another E320 cheap as no one wants them.

I actually drive quite slowly keeping to the speed limits and looking well ahead . There are just issue with the smart fuel economy at the moment with the new model like i had which was released in Sept '07 which if you read the smart forums is a hot potato with them.

I really like the torque of the diesel and prefer it to be low down rather than having to rev the car to get the best out of it , so its just a personal preference .

Look forward to seeing it at the GTG in January? ;) ;) ;)

ill see what i can do ;)

Sounds like a nice car, with a good spec. Post some pics.

I only got mid-late 30s mpg from my Smart 4-2 Brabus. But then I did used to give it some stick - just for a laugh :devil:

Hi J. nice car ;) you must be getting old or starting a family....:eek:

Not sure I'd go with black though!!!!:D

Only kidding.

The only issue I have with black is keeping the dammed thing clean.

Mark.

Jason I knew you would give in with all this silly smart car and BMW antics, you just cant get enough of a Merc.:D

You love the thought that it may break down at any given moment and you've missed the excitment;)

Jason I knew you would give in with all this silly smart car and BMW antics, you just cant get enough of a Merc.:D

You love the thought that it may break down at any given moment and you've missed the excitment;)

:eek: thats scary dude lol.... like you read my mind:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom