New Centre Caps - W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Well I had the wheels on my E320 (W211) resprayed earlier the year and have been meaning to get some new centre caps at some point just to tidy the wheels up.

I'm not looking at OEM ones but as you'd imagine eBay is littered with various, decent looking centre caps. I wanted to go for something OEM looking but maybe different. Has anyone replaced theirs with something different?

These are the 17" wheels fitted on my car...

11E31387-8050-4EDF-9850-D0AB0D2B4E60_zpsuotpwlki.jpg

Thanks mate, funnily enough I did see that site. If this was my CLS I'd be opting for OEM ones but I'm not sure it's worth £85 to me personally on my E Class.

Am I correct in assuming they are 75mm centre caps?

Well I had the wheels on my E320 (W211) resprayed earlier the year and have been meaning to get some new centre caps at some point just to tidy the wheels up.

I'm not looking at OEM ones but as you'd imagine eBay is littered with various, decent looking centre caps. I wanted to go for something OEM looking but maybe different. Has anyone replaced theirs with something different?

These are the 17" wheels fitted on my car...

11E31387-8050-4EDF-9850-D0AB0D2B4E60_zpsuotpwlki.jpg
Personally Alex, the ones you have suit the Rucha wheels more than anything else.

Thank HB, I certainly wouldn't go for a a style that wasn't predominantly silver but just considering something different.

May just go for new versions of the standard caps.

If this was my CLS I'd be opting for OEM ones but I'm not sure it's worth £85 to me personally on my E Class.

The chrome star ones are only £31 a set! The black 'Roadster' ones would be something a bit different, for £53?

Aah ok, I must have just glanced at the first few.

This was the other style I was looking at, not sure if they're not a little fussy though, although the wheels are very simplistic...

s-l400_zpsutfqfyij.jpg

A tip for removing old centres.
Cut a piece of gaffer tape wider than Center cap a stick each end of tape to edge of cap.

Spread the gaffer tape to the center of cap and press the excess together to form a T shape and then you can pull out the cap.

Take Care
David

Last edited:
Aah ok, I must have just glanced at the first few.

This was the other style I was looking at, not sure if they're not a little fussy though, although the wheels are very simplistic...

s-l400_zpsutfqfyij.jpg
i think these make the wheels look smaller as your eye is drawn to the darker pattern in the middle.

Or maybe , I'm just daft.

Haha not at all chap, I was wondering the same thing. I think the wheels are a decent size but being 17" they're not huge.

Decisions decisions. :)

I've got that "1926" style on mine. They are tatty as well so also need replacing.

I prefer the style on your current wheels which I had on my E55.

So I suspect I will be replacing with that style.

Are they a standard size anyone know?

Would be handy to know too, I think from looking around they are 75mm. For a tenner on eBay I'm willing to take a chance.

I bought a single one from Mercedes Benz of Newcastle on their eBay store last year.

I think it was £9.99 although they are £10.99 now.

They do a set of 4 for £40 which I might go for. I like the black as my car is black but £83 is a bit much.

I didn't want to go through the hassle of buying aftermarket in case they were crap.

I had a look just now and it came up with 75mm - "fits all genuine MB alloys", which mine are - so I guess that answers that question.

Behold my amazing chopping skills.....maybe!! haha

wheel_zpslsmyunem.jpg

^ Nice chopping skills.....but I prefer the silver ones.

Fitted these caps to my E class and although not suitable for your needs, I can vouch for eBay quality. Two years later, they are still in perfect condition.
20140614_102024_zpsd4a36674.jpg

Thanks mate, handy to know.

A friend of mine ordered some BMW centre caps from eBay and he said they were good although he's only had his a couple of months.

No reason (other than poor quality) why they should tarnish unless they're hit with some heavy wheel cleaner, which fortunately I don't use.

I've toyed with the idea of fitting the blue laurels to mine but every time I decide the Stars are better. I agree the laurels break the wheel up and make it feel smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom