New Cheap Commuter / Shopper Hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
After having a Leaf for £3600 for 2 years I was loath to pay £6k+ for another one and not many suitable cars were under £5k however the petrol / electric Ionic is on offer at £4700 for 2 years 16k miles and its like a Korean Prius with a great interior and fab spec (radar cruise and dab plus tft clocks).

Wife is driving it today and I expect will be ok to sign the papers for March delivery.

The Premium adds wireless phone charging, heated seats, car play, keyless go and xenons etc etc for £700 more over the 2 years which is probably the model we go for

gallery-model-image.png

url

I can't explain why but I like the look of modern Hyundais.

It looks like an old Prius with an Audi grill but the interior is very impressive (after a Zoe and a Leaf)

Saw one in the dealers showroom yesterday, I was quite impressed.

We bought it, free met paint! We test drove the Premium model that adds nav and loads of other stuff. Myself, wife and two 7 year olds all went for a trip round Chester for 45 mins in eco mode as I couldnt suss out sport mode. It has a split rear window ie a spoiler runs across it like my old 1983 Scirrocco but Mrs was ok with it and the side mirrors are huge.
I mainly paid the extra for keyless go as Anna can then pop her key in her pocket and forget it.

Good stuff:
Cheap, looks good, lovely interior, hi tech in fact too techy for a shopper, 5 star safety and radar crash stop, big stereo, speed sign notification, economical (50 mpg should be achievable possibly more)

Not so good:
Gawd dont boot it that engine on Atkinson cycle is far from pleasant.
Seat adjuster hard for me to get to - its tucked under the seat a fair bit.
Its quite complicated and I am techy but it has a lot to learn on it.
Oddly it has wheel covers over alloy wheels (yes I am sure) will look at this again on arrival.

Will be here in 6 weeks - Anna chuffed and I will use the Leaf for 4/6 weeks till the lease is up.

So I have paid £163 * 32 for 2 years use then give it back, the SE spec was £141 * 32 and yes I could have got a used this or an old that but Anna takes the kids to two schools and does her running about if anything stops or breaks its a major ****ache to me so this works well plus she can go further afield than the Leaf range.

For some reason I keep reading the name as 'Ironiq' :D

Looks nice though, and as you say it gives you the peace of mind of a new car so why not :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom