New Cheap Commuter / Shopper Hybrid

Discussion in 'MB Defectors to Other Marques Forum' started by DSLiverpool, Feb 5, 2017.

1. DSLiverpool

DSLiverpool MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
    After having a Leaf for £3600 for 2 years I was loath to pay £6k+ for another one and not many suitable cars were under £5k however the petrol / electric Ionic is on offer at £4700 for 2 years 16k miles and its like a Korean Prius with a great interior and fab spec (radar cruise and dab plus tft clocks).

Wife is driving it today and I expect will be ok to sign the papers for March delivery.

The Premium adds wireless phone charging, heated seats, car play, keyless go and xenons etc etc for £700 more over the 2 years which is probably the model we go for

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW 740Li
    I can't explain why but I like the look of modern Hyundais.

3. OP
    OP
    DSLiverpool

Car:
    Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
    It looks like an old Prius with an Audi grill but the interior is very impressive (after a Zoe and a Leaf)

4. BEJ

BEJ MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2019 VW Passat GT estate. SLK- now gone 2010 Hyundai I 10.
    Saw one in the dealers showroom yesterday, I was quite impressed.

5. OP
    OP
    DSLiverpool

Car:
    Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
    We bought it, free met paint! We test drove the Premium model that adds nav and loads of other stuff. Myself, wife and two 7 year olds all went for a trip round Chester for 45 mins in eco mode as I couldnt suss out sport mode. It has a split rear window ie a spoiler runs across it like my old 1983 Scirrocco but Mrs was ok with it and the side mirrors are huge.
    I mainly paid the extra for keyless go as Anna can then pop her key in her pocket and forget it.

Good stuff:
    Cheap, looks good, lovely interior, hi tech in fact too techy for a shopper, 5 star safety and radar crash stop, big stereo, speed sign notification, economical (50 mpg should be achievable possibly more)

Not so good:
    Gawd dont boot it that engine on Atkinson cycle is far from pleasant.
    Seat adjuster hard for me to get to - its tucked under the seat a fair bit.
    Its quite complicated and I am techy but it has a lot to learn on it.
    Oddly it has wheel covers over alloy wheels (yes I am sure) will look at this again on arrival.

Will be here in 6 weeks - Anna chuffed and I will use the Leaf for 4/6 weeks till the lease is up.

So I have paid £163 * 32 for 2 years use then give it back, the SE spec was £141 * 32 and yes I could have got a used this or an old that but Anna takes the kids to two schools and does her running about if anything stops or breaks its a major ****ache to me so this works well plus she can go further afield than the Leaf range.

1 person likes this.
  6. BTB 500

BTB 500 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
    For some reason I keep reading the name as 'Ironiq' :D

Looks nice though, and as you say it gives you the peace of mind of a new car so why not :thumb:

1 person likes this.