New CLA colour options.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m a idiot. Colours are at the bottom.

I imagine it’ll be quite punchy, very economical and won’t drive anything like a Nova :D

I’ve just parted with a Rs3 and I’m using my Amarok as a daily. I actually love my truck but it’s not the most economical way to get around.

The 200 is on my comp car list but I was shocked when I seen it was a 1.3. I would imagine progress is slow after 70mph?

Technology has moved on a a little. The current 1000 bhp Formula 1 cars have 1.6 litre engines......:dk:

Both the M282 petrol and OM608 are Renault derived engines according to this. The M282 has cylinder shutoff to assist economy.
Mercedes introduces new engine variants for 2019 A-Class - ETI Magazine
Mercedes-Benz M282 engine - Wikipedia
Miracles of engineering for extracting power and better emissions out of smaller capacity engines, in common with current powerplants from other manufacturers there are --- many many ---- things to go wrong. This is particularly applicable to the plethora of [ dare I say this] often cheaply made ancilliary engine components/sensors that bolt on to the main mechanical engine core. :( The result is an engine constantly " balancing on a technology tightrope" for lack of a better expression. :confused: Not sure if the bigger 1,991 cc petrol engine is better in this respect mind.

Technology has moved on a a little. The current 1000 bhp Formula 1 cars have 1.6 litre engines......:dk:

Technology moves on but reliability suffers. These small modern engines tend to have weak top end too.

Both the M282 petrol and OM608 are Renault derived engines according to this. The M282 has cylinder shutoff to assist economy.
Mercedes introduces new engine variants for 2019 A-Class - ETI Magazine
Mercedes-Benz M282 engine - Wikipedia
Miracles of engineering for extracting power and better emissions out of smaller capacity engines, in common with current powerplants from other manufacturers there are --- many many ---- things to go wrong. This is particularly applicable to the plethora of [ dare I say this] often cheaply made ancilliary engine components/sensors that bolt on to the main mechanical engine core. :( The result is an engine constantly " balancing on a technology tightrope" for lack of a better expression. :confused: Not sure if the bigger 1,991 cc petrol engine is better in this respect mind.

I agree. I wouldn’t buy a modern turbo 4 pot. This is on my cc list.

Technology moves on but reliability suffers. These small modern engines tend to have weak top end too.

In the case of F1 this is certainly not the case. The finishing rate for races has never been higher. The engine consumption is down from up to 3 engine per meeting to 3 engines per (longer) season.
I will admit this has come about by regulation....and at a cost.
Does that remind you of the situation with road cars?

In the case of F1 this is certainly not the case. The finishing rate for races has never been higher. The engine consumption is down from up to 3 engine per meeting to 3 engines per (longer) season.
I will admit this has come about by regulation....and at a cost.
Does that remind you of the situation with road cars?

I meant road cars not f1 cars. I don’t think we will see many 10 year old, high mileage A45, golf r etc.

They never achieve anywhere near their claimed mpg either. A 3.0 v6 is more economical than a 400bhp 2lt 4 pot in the real world.

I’ve just parted with a Rs3 and I’m using my Amarok as a daily. I actually love my truck but it’s not the most economical way to get around.

The 200 is on my comp car list but I was shocked when I seen it was a 1.3. I would imagine progress is slow after 70mph?
At least it will be a low tax deduction as well! Not really comparable to an RS3 :(

I had an A200 a few months back when my car was in for some warranty work, I had it for about 3 days in total. Fuel consumption was decent, although the long term average wasn't particularly great - low 30s IIRC but obviously have no idea how it was being driven, it was being used by one of the sales guys I believe. Apart from fuel economy, once it got going it was quick enough but off the line it was awful. I used to dread coming to a standstill because when it came to moving off, it would make a lot of noise but not go anywhere, probably just a matter of getting used to it but I didn't in 3 days and I was glad to hand it back.

I had an A200 a few months back when my car was in for some warranty work, I had it for about 3 days in total. Fuel consumption was decent, although the long term average wasn't particularly great - low 30s IIRC but obviously have no idea how it was being driven, it was being used by one of the sales guys I believe. Apart from fuel economy, once it got going it was quick enough but off the line it was awful. I used to dread coming to a standstill because when it came to moving off, it would make a lot of noise but not go anywhere, probably just a matter of getting used to it but I didn't in 3 days and I was glad to hand it back.

I've got a CLA250 petrol and I average between 34-40mpg, clearly that was being ragged everywhere!

Such effortlessness could be construed as boring
I had a C200 as a courtesy car - my wife is partially deaf and even she found it to be raucous and she used to drive a Fiat 500. I couldn’t wait to give it back. How Mercedes can describe it as a C200 when it is a pitiful 1.5 engine - TopGear sums it up - Such effortlessness could be construed as boring

Such effortlessness could be construed as boring
I had a C200 as a courtesy car - my wife is partially deaf and even she found it to be raucous and she used to drive a Fiat 500. I couldn’t wait to give it back. How Mercedes can describe it as a C200 when it is a pitiful 1.5 engine - TopGear sums it up - Such effortlessness could be construed as boring

That’s why I’m glad I have a real C200 with the 2L engine ;) haven’t driven the 1.5 FL but would like to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom