New CLA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm seen dozens of them now thanks to a week spent in Germany. Give me a C-Class all day long.

I agree. C-Class is far superior and pretty similar in price.

Spotted an ad for these on TV the other night. I thought the pricing seemed very fair for what you are getting. Will be interesting to see what the depreciation is like.

My brother got this on a 24 hour test drive. New CLA 220.

First impressions.... Nice car but I don't really like the screen on the dash board. Looks really good with AMG kit.
What was more worrying was the fact it's brand new and the passenger side electric seat had stopped working!!

I had one for the day a short while ago, my impressions were .......

Good…

Car looks OK as long as you like the current MB style, seems to have excellent solid build quality, 3 rear seat belts, fuel efficiency, suspension very compliant on our bad roads, sound system seemed really good.

Not so good ……

Rear view poor, interior not designed for 'old gits' like me.

Price!!!!!! - look what 1yr old MB's you could buy for the price of a CLA.

Stop/Start – I know its on most new cars but on first acquaintance, not comfortable with it, apparently an EU regulation that it cannot be permanently turned off. The engine re-start came with a significant judder.

Mirror adjustment – either mirror is selected in normal way with switch (light comes on) and adjusted, however the selection is auto turned off (light off) after a short while, meaning a re-selection to further adjust.

Proximity sensors – at least I think that was what made a double beep noise every time I passed a vehicle on the dual carriageway.

Parking Sensors – There is an indicator high in the central dash unit, that shows they are ‘activated’ below 20mph (I think), this means that it goes on and off constantly in town traffic. The car also came with ‘self parking’, perhaps this was why the light came on.

KPH indication – another real irritant, although its also on my CLS and apparently has been on all models for years. Dealer told me it was a UK import requirement!

effbee584-albums-my-mercs-picture7467-park-sensor.jpg

Seating Not Occupied symbol – This came on every time I started up and drove away. Dealer suggested it was telling me that 3 of the remaining four seats were unoccupied!!!! And that if they had been occupied that the seat belts were not fastened.

effbee584-albums-my-mercs-picture7466-3-people.jpg
Mirror reflection – the outer shiny air vent was clearly reflected in left and right mirrors.

Speedo, Tacho, fuel gauges and needles look like something from a kids toy, no design flair at all.

Overall - I did not like the car, was more impressed by the Nissan Note (£11,750) we had as a loan car same week when our Micra was in for service. The ex-demo CLA I had was up for sale at £34,999! Look at the CLS, S or E Class you can buy for that money.

these are i believe actually larger than the outgoing c class, giving a bit of a clue to the next c class dimensions.

I quite like it, though think it very expensive and probably not as useful as the hatch given the small boot aperture in the photos...

Nice car, but definitely for younger generation, or couple with 2 young kids.

The rear room is reasonable, sadly it lacks headroom!! Not to mention there's a good chance you'll bash your head on C pillar as you enter or exit the rear..

Overall - I did not like the car, was more impressed by the Nissan Note (£11,750) we had as a loan car same week when our Micra was in for service.

A Mercedes product manager somewhere has just topped himself! :)

Nice car, but definitely for younger generation, or couple with 2 young kids.

The rear room is reasonable, sadly it lacks headroom!! Not to mention there's a good chance you'll bash your head on C pillar as you enter or exit the rear..

+1

Had a white CLA220cdi as a loan car while mine was in for service.Had a panaramic roof.Did attract alot of attention.In terms of looks can only be described as baby CLS.Would make a perfect car for the old woman is all i can say as a conclusion:eek:

Sorry for the sexist remark in advance:doh:

Not a fan of the CLA at all, don't think the back wheel arch sits quite right with the selection of wheels available.
Price is far too dear as well compared to other manufacturers models available.

CLA is an abomination ..

from the rear, it looks very awkward, like a dwarf trying to be tall.

A Mercedes product manager somewhere has just topped himself! :)
Well if he had talked to me first, there would not have been so many design flaws.

Seen a few on the road now and apart from the grille I thought it looked like a Hyundai/KIA.

I'm not impressed.

Spotted an ad for these on TV the other night. I thought the pricing seemed very fair for what you are getting. Will be interesting to see what the depreciation is like.

In the US they apparently "worked hard" to get the price under $30K. OK, there's no VAT there, but that price is for the CLA250 (petrol auto) which is the entry level model in the US!

In the US they apparently "worked hard" to get the price under $30K. OK, there's no VAT there, but that price is for the CLA250 (petrol auto) which is the entry level model in the US!

That's what caught my eye on the. The price was $29900 if I recall. Of course here in Canada it's not quite so cheap at $33900 CAD although with the equipment level I would like it was in the $40k region.

One I'm going to keep my eye on but in the mean time i'm looking out for a good C280 4matic.

I agree. C-Class is far superior and pretty similar in price.

Incorrect on price IMHO....on the book maybe, but after dealer contributions, your get a far better price, ride, steering and general options than a CLA. The CLA deliveries are now nearly 5 months, with a C-Class almost walking out with you the door same day.

For the record I have driven both the CLA and A Class in some detail and owned 2 x C-Classes. The W204 might not have all the looks (that's coming next year), but its better in every other way.

Thanks everyone for the CLA vs C Class discussions. Head says C Class but the wife prefers the looks of the CLA. The new C Class is due in 6 months, and looks good, but may prove too big. Then again there is the Jaguar XS...

new C class will be a proper Mercedes.

CLA is Mercedes 'lite', as our American cousins would say

I think the C Class has a better quality build feel and no "after thought" screen in the middle of the dash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom