New CLK 6210>6310i & Parktronic / Linguatronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ralph

Car
CLK320 W209
I have a new model CLK320 (2002) with 6210 telephone built into the armrest & Comand. No Parktronic or Linguatronic.

I am reasonably able to 'fix/sort' things. I live in Edgware / NW London.

1. Upgrading to 6310i. Local Stealership is quoting about £400 to upgrade an 'amplifier'. Thought handbook said 6310i was OK, but it won't initialise.

2. I doubt Parktronic can be post fitted. What about a rearview camera?

3. Can Linguatronic be post fitted?

Questions - What's needed? How much? Can I do it? If not who can? I'm only interested in 'clean' solutions at sensible prices.

I feel guilty trying to improve a great car!

Ralph

I read all the previous 6310i posts, but most refered to older cars. Thought the process might be simpler on a new CLK, like just flashing the unit with a CD rom.

BRAYBROOKS are quoting
approx £ 250+VAT for the 6310i upgrade
approx £1300+VAT for full Parktronic (gasp!)
approx £ 340+VAT for third party 'Parktronic', rear only.
Think they said about £700 for a rear camera, manually switched using the Comand's TV button.

Not keen to spend so much.
If parts are available, I'd be keen to try both myself.
QuickPark looks interesting.

Ralph

To upgrade the phone kit I would say you need a new phone interface module . If you can find where it is on the car its a simple unplug job . I have only fitted one for use with comand which also has a Fibre optic connection.

The part I fitted cost around £185 + VAT from an MB dealer part no. A203 820 2585 but check if this is ok for just a phone without comand as I'm not sure.

My local dealer warned me that you should have the latest software on your nokia 6310i or you could wreck your phone in the MB car kit. If your's is failrly new you should be ok though.

For reverse park check out www.Parking-Sensor.co.uk I fitted a 3 sensor kit to my CLK 320 and with the sensors painted before fitting it looks good and with the rear view poor it makes reversing less of a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom