New CLK deal via keeping C230k?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjs

Car
C250cdi Coupe, Audi S5 Cab
Hi all, could be time to move the 04 C230k on - had it nearly a year, done 22k trouble free miles but costs of extending warranty, tyres and a upcoming service have prompted me to see whats out there.

MB dealer has offered brand new 220cdi auto clk sport edition for £1250 deposit, then 23 x £299/month - walk away after two years. Based on 10k miles per year. I.e will cost me £8450 for two years hassle free motoring, say £10k when I exceed the 20k miles by 15k at 10p a mile premium. Very tempting, est 40 mpg

Costs of keeping c230k over same period I guess are £4k depreciation (from £8k to £4k), £1k in warrantys, a bit of maintenance, say £7k .Has averaged 27mpg so would cost an extra £2k in fuel over 35k miles

I'm very tempted to do the deal and flog the c230k - stashing the cash

Any views on the clk220cdi (slow?) or the overall deal?

clk 220CDI deal

am I missing something or is that an outstanding deal =- depreciation alone would allmost double that,:crazy: was it a reasonable spec ??

If you can live with the mileage limit/costs and the monthly cost of the deal then it does sound like a great deal, I'd bite their hand off if the car had decent options/good colour.

Perhaps clearing CLKs for the E coupe coming?

MB dealer has offered brand new 220cdi auto clk sport edition for £1250 deposit, then 23 x £299/month - walk away after two years. Based on 10k miles per year. I.e will cost me £8450 for two years hassle free motoring, say £10k when I exceed the 20k miles by 15k at 10p a mile premium. Very tempting, est 40 mpg

Will it be cheaper to get your higher mileage approved at the start of the deal rather than pay the ~10p/mile at the end?

Otherwise it looks like a good deal

Nice car - check the spec, but otherwise sounds like a reasonable deal. What's the APR ?

Good deal as others have said.... is your car not reliable then? If your being paid good business miles then perhaps... or do you just want a new toy?

My Pug 406 hdi did 30k last year with only service items... and thats now on 147k

Good deal as others have said.... is your car not reliable then? If your being paid good business miles then perhaps... or do you just want a new toy?

My Pug 406 hdi did 30k last year with only service items... and thats now on 147k

Car has been dead reliable, but if you check out my other posts i find it a bit dull, Get 40p for 1st 10000 miles and then 25p for the rest on exes. Almost unfashionable to be driving a spanking 09 motor when economic times are tough

Nice car - check the spec, but otherwise sounds like a reasonable deal. What's the APR ?

I know the spec includes leather and auto + pre -wiring, expecting quote from dealer via email in next 24 hours. Appaantly MErc have 800 left to flog and they are all in Silver and Black. Want to shift them before the end fo the month

I know the spec includes leather and auto + pre -wiring, expecting quote from dealer via email in next 24 hours. Appaantly MErc have 800 left to flog and they are all in Silver and Black. Want to shift them before the end fo the month

In that case ask to see the list and take your pic. Don't take the first one offered to you...... it may be the one the dealer was desperate to shift.

Might not be true - but worth checking...... you may find a better one out there... Black is nice for a CLK....... !

not quite the deal quoted on the phone

Went in dealer on Saturday, a very frustrating experience

Turns out they got the figs wrong, and after some of the most patronising sales spiel I've ever known (if i do this, will you sign today) type stuff, walked away without doing a deal.

Actual best deal would be a PCP (not contract hire that I really fancied, so pay your own RFL) £1250 deposit, then £314/month for 2 years. then walk away if you want. Getting the excess mileage fig of 10p a mile like getting blood out of a a stone. (they started at £2500 dep and £340/month)

Has a drive in the clk200k version, looks good, but hardly felt any different to drive the c230k (maybe unsurpisingly), all show and not much go. Sharper steering an improvement though. Also ridiculously concious that I'd look like a fool with an out of production 09 plate on my drive suggesting I've more cash than sense!

So not sure at the moment, wont update thread until I do a deal.

forgot to mention

quote from Merc for 1 year extended warranty was £913!

Just keep yours, dont rush things or you might regret it.

List of offers from MB UK currently available...

Linky

If you can, stay clear of the options list.....

If you have the facility to get one through a Limited company there are some fantastic lease deals available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom