New CLK GT-R

Andrew

Good find. Doesn't look as imposing as the last CLK-GTR. But hopefully this one won't think it is a plane.

mizzat

Car
Mercedes S320
Fifth Gear

Did anyway watch the prgram tonight. Tiff Needell tested CL65 AMG with over 600 BHP. No price announced but 20 will be arriving in the UK. Now where's muy lottery ticket?:)

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
damn . . I managed to record it, but no sound !!! :( a scart plug was slightly out of place on my DVD Recorder :(:(

Still, it looked nice :D (bet it sounded nice too !!)

s.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Tiff wasn't sold on it. I think that it was because he was likening it to the McLaren F1 and other 600+hp machines.

Moron - it has no real parallel in that type of company. I'd hardly expect the F1 to seat 4 in luxury with tv/satvav, etc.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
ah well another one for the wish list and a good lottery win

saorbust

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI
Autocar reviewed the CL65 about 4 weeks ago, and stated it would cost approx £130,000. They also stated they 'expected' to sell 20 cars in the UK.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Originally posted by Andrew
Good find. Doesn't look as imposing as the last CLK-GTR. But hopefully this one won't think it is a plane.
I don't know why everyone seems to think it was the CLK GTR that flipped over at Le Mans, it was the CLR, a totally different car, the CLK GTR is NOT a Le Mans car :)

99050074.jpg

I personally think that dispite the fact the CLR's profile is the same as that of an aeroplane's wing, the major aerodynamic mistake was removing the bonnet star! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom