New clk very nice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dragon

Banned
9080916.006.Mini2L.jpg

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080916...-mercedes-clk-replacemente-class-coupe-caught

Hideous , looks like a blob. MB need to get their sh*t together ....

This and the current versions are nice, not sure of the first version.

I guess you would say that wouldn't you ... :rolleyes:

underwhelmed by that picture but then they are trying ti disguise the car....will wait till proper pics are released and then i will still decide to stick with my old coupe

Personally i would say that the 1st gen CLK (i.e. mine :D ) is the prettiest.. ..but then i would say that..

But like Mattc says I will also reserve judgement until I see final pics and then i will wait a while till i see a few on the road..

I remember when BMW changed the 3 series shape to the more rounded look back in '90 / '91 whenever it was - i thought it wasn't in the same league looks-wise as the older squarer shape at first but after a while i did a complete 180 on that opinion..

From that pic, the back end looks a little, unglamorous!

Any idea when its due to be released ?

Ive been looking at buying a 2007 CLK, but with the new model on the way the value of this would go into freefall.

Ive been looking at buying a 2007 CLK, but with the new model on the way the value of this would go into freefall.

2010 with E-class platform but C-class features at C-class prices. :p

Possibly not, the latest rumour is that the present CLK (W209) is the last & the new one will be called the E-Class Coupe.

Russ

Personally i would say that the 1st gen CLK (i.e. mine :D ) is the prettiest.. ..but then i would say that..

I concur :)

The W209 in basic form IMHO looks too soft, but the flared arches e.g., in the Black series make it look pretty enticing TBH!

Evening All,

I have to say I'm with Howard here. I am a little liased having the W208 CLK but to me the lines of this new thing just don't seem to be right. The W208 looked elegant and also solid and powerful so they would be better off bringing it back with a more modern interior and drive train. It looked like a "proper Merc".

Mercedes coupes are supposed to have a degree of elegance. That thing is brash and rather vulgar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom