New CLK W208 Owner "The beginning" (picture heavy)...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benny

Car
CLK230K Cab + Skyline R32
I'm back :bannana: Previously a C-class W202 now this little Beaut...
A few questions

Why does my CLK have these black lines down the side, Do I Need sidesills to cover them up (unsightly)
IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

Already looking at wheels as the ones it came with I do not like + the other set it came with I also do not like
(((So will have both sets up for sale as soon as possible)))
I have been looking at these or similar...

IMG_3138.png

Can you get replacement speaker covers?...
IMG_3150.jpg

Do mercedes sell this little bits?...
IMG_3151.jpg

Where can I get the sliding piece to go in here?...
IMG_3149.jpg

Is this hole in the soft top cover normal?...
IMG_3153.jpg

THANK YOU and HELLO :thumb:

Good looking car -well done.

Definitely needs new spokes. My preference are the ones top right. Nice :)

Don't know if you can get speaker covers - time for an upgrade? (Or cover with some scrim if you're a cheapskate like me)

I would think that you can get the 'slidy bit' from a scrappy - I bet theres lots of old w124's/w202's with the same fitting. PS, the cheap black plastic surround to the selector/switch plinth can be blinged up with a chrome one for around £15. Very tasteful. It must be cos I have one.

Tes that hole comes as standard. So does the 'bang' at the start of the hood raising sequence.

Nice car Benny. Enjoy!!

Thank you Ted. Really greatful
Top right are looking favourites I must say (bottom left are cheapest but not by much)

Speakers= 2 good idea's with the scrim and new speaker will be added

scrappy at the weekend it is.

another question.

How easy is it to remove the heating fascia as I seem to have a bulb out or 2. easy fix? what bulbs?

IMG_3158.jpg

Easy. Everyone has their own method. The knob just pulls off. It might be tight so try a pair of pliers with some cloth to prevent marking the knob. The get the bulb out. If you use long nose pliers you are likely to slip off/break the bulb, so some people slip a piece of tube over the bulb and pull it out that way.
One of those things that once you've done it once it's an easy job.

Sorry should have added they are the tiny capless bulbs. Halfords stock them.

so just remove the knob! I thought I'd be having to pull off that whole carbon look surround, sure I have some capless laying about too, sweet. Cheers again Super Ted.

Cheers Benzmanc, nice wheels! look forward to seeing them on the car

Get the capless bulbs from MB themselves ( pennies ) ,they are a strange ( tiny ) wattage , easy to put slightly too powerful ones in there and damage the holders.

Speaker grilles are best from a scrappy , removing them is difficult , as they are melted onto the posts from behind.

Black strip on the side is because yours is a pre-facelift that someone has partially facelifted , doing the rest on the cheap. You have the colour coded lower front and rear valance , but instead of the sill covers , someone has painted your existing sills which have a rubber strip on top of them.

Ebay for the sills , or a scrappy , they tend to be damaged though where scrappy cars are punted around by forklift.

Top right are nice wheels.

MY First "Issue"...

I have a leak!!!
No sign of where its coming in from but with the rain we've been having I find a puddle in JUST the driver door pocket??? idea's anyone?

MY First "Issue"...

I have a leak!!!
No sign of where its coming in from but with the rain we've been having I find a puddle in JUST the driver door pocket??? idea's anyone?

Probably the top of the windscreen to roof seal.

Recently I got a door pocket full of water when driving along in the rain with the sunroof on tilt.
I braked hard at a roundabout and saw some water gush into the car but was too busy driving to see where it landed.
Later on I checked the seat and carpet which were dry, but the door pocket had an inch of water in it...:D

Thank you DieselMan...

How strange though, like you said everything bone dry but the puddle, I have played about and there we're some bits of the seal caught/rolled up so have straightened them all out and will keep an eye out.
Thanks again

I have an issue with my car, hoping an easy fix????

I miss judged and went over a bridge quite fast and now the rear headrests are locked right up, any ideas what I can do? thank you in advanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom