New cls in the flesh.. Yours for £60k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Ok , so here are my first snaps of the new cls in the flesh..

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

so all in all.. not a bad car.. the exterior is very radical, and modern, i love the rear quarter, but i hate the boot lid.

The looks of the car are nice, alot better than in images, but this radical design will just lead to faster depreciation in the long run i feel..

interior is not a very nice place to be.. number of reasons for this.

1. the shapes are not harmonious
2. the interior does not flow at all well
3. the rear space is appauling
4. the dash central column is a mess

the one nice touch is the central navigation screen, but that is about it..

overall.. Much more style over substance!

If I was to get one of these (ex demo AMG at least, probably 12 months old) it would be for the engine, the interior and the front three quarters, I think from the inside its not far off a S class in fit, finish and sense of occasion however the prices are nuts.

Driven the 350 CDI on the reveal demo. I think I'll be sticking to mine. It still has the lag issue that mine has, the interior I liked, the exterior I dont like.

I see that Speed Limit Assist is now available in the UK - it wasn't an option on UK E Classes a while back, even though it was available in other countries.

I wonder if it works....?

I see that Speed Limit Assist is now available in the UK - it wasn't an option on UK E Classes a while back, even though it was available in other countries.

I wonder if it works....?

I noticed that too - is that different to the speed limiter function on the standard cruise control?

I quite like it, had a nosy around a white 350CDI last week and quite tempted, might look for an ex-demo after the summer just have to see what the prices are like..

Think all speed limit assist does is inform you of speed limits as it reads the signs from a camera? Can't see the point really since my eyes still work!

Like most facelifts, the original is still the best.. :)

Previous CLS has a purity of line and feeling of real flare that the new one lacks, and even the interior had a unique feel, different from other MB models. Now it just looks generic Mercedes.... to me anyway...

I'd rather have an S350 cdi than this new CLS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom