New CLS range drastically reduced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
From Dec 2020 production, you have only 2 choices of CLS ..

400d Premium Plus at £68k
or
AMG 53 Premium Plus at £78k

these are already rare, and will be rarer still

Is this just in the U.K.? I’m assuming they’re the two they sell the most of?

Maybe reducing engine choices to push for electric/hybrid options ?

Probably because CLS not selling well in the UK, and they just can’t be bothered 😂

The saloon car/sedan in its many forms is a dying breed, Its tragic as I love a saloon car/sedan but it appears buyers like me are thin on the ground. With Exception of Land Rover 90/110, (new Defender at a push), A Rangey, G wagon or Land Cruiser, which are unique icons, everything other SUV is just tinsel for the myopic masses in my view.

Was looking to buy a new CLS 350d Premium Plus last year but could not justify the price and ended up ordering a new GLE for the same money. Totally different car but much better use of money. Not that CLS buyers typically seek value.

Good to see new ones now have MBUX and the new trackpad. The night pack looks amazing. Price is totally wrong.

As has been said I just do t think they are selling in the UK in any numbers.

Which will be a shame for anyone wanting a used one in a couple of years.

More than happy with mine and at least you don't often pull up alongside another CLS.

You can have a new CLS as long as its black with a black interior, whats wrong with the Mercedes UK management?
Same story with the E Class AMG Line. Every one has a black with Alcantara interior. Very few with the full leather never mind lighter colours.

You can have macchiato beige interior, and in the AMG, red as well

Pretty sure I read the C and E Coupe and the CLS are both discontinued after three current models finish. Pity as it’s always been a beautiful car and the current model this.

CLS300d 4matic Premium Plus now available at £59k.

Original CLS, in my opinion one of the best looking cars ever with that low bonnet line. First time I saw one, they had just come out & I was driving into a supermarket car park, saw this car, wondered what it was so parked up near it. Drove straight up to Mercedes & ordered one that day. Had 2 plus one that lasted 2 weeks (flooded, another story). They then changed the design which to me was awful so moved up to
S class & stayed there.

Original CLS, in my opinion one of the best looking cars ever with that low bonnet line.

The CLS took a sort of a dip with the second version and MB lost their way with the model. They brutalised the styling and also brought out the CLS250 which undermined the range a bit and then confused things with the Shooting Brake.

It's a pity because the original still turns heads.

I suspect that MB have also had a positioning problem placing the CLS between the E Coupe and the S Coupe.

BMW have had similar difficulties with the 6 (now 8) Series.

the current CLS is too tame

the original may have shared underpinnings with the e class, but the dash was a cut above.

then the mkII had a more aggressive exterior and mediocre interior.

the mkIII has the dullest exterior, sorry but it just looks like an A class from the front, persoanlly a pathethic excuse of a car, and the interior is almost pulled straight out of he E class
and that is not a compliment.

overall complacency has led to this early death, and it neednt have had to die, as the original was brilliant, and you knew what you were buying and it stood out, priced correctly and you felt a somewhat privilege to be in one.

todays state of occasion, well what state of occasion - sad sad sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom