New CLS53 breaks cover!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hybrid AMG? The beginning of the end I fear...

A mild hybrid system that enhances the car in every respect, without any detrimental effect on sound or appeal? Sounds like a win win to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oval tail pipes again! like the original :)
2019-Mercedes-AMG-CLS-53_068.jpg

Personally I don't like it. Admittedly the 219 was a tough act to follow styling wise, the 218 was nice, the facelift nicer, but then this? :(
Waits for incoming.....

MERCEDES-AMG-CLS53-15.jpg

Not a fan of the banana profile, but think it looks great from behind. Very clean.

A mild hybrid system that enhances the car in every respect, without any detrimental effect on sound or appeal? Sounds like a win win to me

Another 300Kg....hmmm

Emissions of the handful sold hardly lifts Mercedes globally in its emissions target.

Pandering...

I'll stick with my 5.5 :)

(Downsized even, but two turbos to get the weight up again... :p

Another 300Kg....hmmm

Emissions of the handful sold hardly lifts Mercedes globally in its emissions target.

Pandering...

This system is being implemented in nearly every engine going forward. That’ll effect the emissions targets.

As I said, it’s not a competitor for the 5.5, it’s a replacement for the 3L V6

Another 300Kg....hmmm

Pandering...

Also, this system adds 40kg, not 300

Also, this system adds 40kg, not 300

Ok the Alternator that hiccups the car along I give you that :) good for city emissions...not much good thundering up and down motorways...
4 matic the other 260Kg ;)
& Not many in the UK are liking the 4 matic..

If they add batteries for proper hybrid then then maybe I'm right in my assumption... :D

Last edited:
Ok the Alternator that hiccups the car along I give you that :) good for city emissions...not much good thundering up and motorways...
4 matic the other 260Kg ;)
& Not many in the UK are liking the 4 matic..

If they add batteries for proper hybrid then then maybe I'm right in my assumption... :D

These are technologies that end up being standard on all vehicles, whether you like it or not. I know what I’d rather have....

These are technologies that end up being standard on all vehicles, whether you like it or not. I know what I’d rather have....

Me too...the current car I have :D

Or the latest E63 if they fix the 4 matic....:wallbash:

A Mercedes LEAF isn't on my RADAR ;);)

I don't understand why 4Matic is mandatory for the higher powered cars such as the 400, 43 and 53

I saw an interview with the head of AMG where he was talking about fully electric AMG's in the near future. I'll be waiting for the "who made your batteries" AMG thread..;)

I'd certainly like to see how the E53 e class will drive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom