New CLS63 Shooting brake owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I cant post in the classified section unfortunately so hopefully the chap will answer my PM :)

You can only pm to classifieds :) I’m sure he will reply

I am picking up tomorrow morning! Staying over tonight can't wait to get behind the wheel :)

How does it handle that much power with RWD only? Mine doesn't have the locking diff so thinking a Quaife is first on the list over power....

I have one[emoji6][emoji16][emoji4]
a144acd12cb0c761c606d72b41a8c67f.jpg

Amg factory Affalterbach last week[emoji6][emoji846]
Fantastic, how was it? Are the AMG Cars like the CLS still made there or on the standard line?

I drove my Cayman to Stuttgart last year so I was thinking of doing this trip in the CLS!

Finally picked her up, really pleased its a fantastic driving car and incredibly quick.... The only thing It doesn't have is the speed limit camera which may become an issue as its just so damn fast!

First mods planned carbon mirrors and if I can find front and rear diffusers anywhere but seems unlikely. Anything else you think I should do?

35629a54-51c5-458d-9f35-ea3c6bb981ec.jpg

20180811_140135.jpg

20180811_160516.jpg

Looks a great car Chris and in top condition.
My search continues so would be great to get some ownership updates as you bond with her. Enjoy the ride!!

Finally picked her up, really pleased its a fantastic driving car and incredibly quick.... The only thing It doesn't have is the speed limit camera which may become an issue as its just so damn fast!

First mods planned carbon mirrors and if I can find front and rear diffusers anywhere but seems unlikely. Anything else you think I should do?

20180811_140135.jpg

20180811_160516.jpg
Beautiful and a great car. There are a couple of threads running currently on front spoilers and rear diffusers....

Day 1 of driving the CLS and I am surprised how lazy the throttle is in comfort and how the gearbox isn't as bad as I was expecting. The ride is firm but just right and the car feels much smaller than it looks to drive its really impressive.

The fuel gauge seems to move very quickly though considering its a huge tank! hardly surprised though...

Chris

20180811_140135.jpg

20180811_160516.jpg

Stunning. You lucky devil!

I have been drooling and dreaming over this particular example for a while now, when I noticed it was "Under offer" I wondered if we would see it here on this forum!

Day 1 of driving the CLS and I am surprised how lazy the throttle is in comfort and how the gearbox isn't as bad as I was expecting.

I hate the gearbox. I hate driving it around town in stop start traffic. It's such a fine line to get it to pull away smoothly, and the change from 2nd to 3rd is just random as to whether it punches you in the back or not.

I hate the gearbox. I hate driving it around town in stop start traffic. It's such a fine line to get it to pull away smoothly, and the change from 2nd to 3rd is just random as to whether it punches you in the back or not.

The gearbox gets such bad press I am actually finding it pretty acceptable, it seems to do the auto slush very well. Paddles don't seem to work well in comfort and in manual its way to easy to hit the rev limiter and sit there for 2 seconds. Mine seems smooth and just always seems to hunt for the lowest gear quite predictably.

What is the difference between S and S+ that is something I can't work out.

The changes are very quick when they happen but there is a 1/2 second delay from the pull of a paddle. I have come from a Porsche PDK so thought I would be much more disappointed?

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom