New COMAND Icon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbenz76

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 AMG Night Edition Premium Plus Saloon
I recently received an email from Mercedes Me asking me to agree to the "Special Terms of Use for Life Traffic Information - Car-to-X Communication". I logged in and did this (and a couple of other features I hadn't used before.

Next time I got in the car I had a new icon on the COMAND screen (attached to post). Never seen this in my car before.

Does anyone know what this means?

Attachments

• COMAND Icon.jpg
    COMAND Icon.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 12
WiFi Hotspot active?

Thanks

I don’t think it is though (although I still have no idea to be fair). If I search for hotspots using my phone it doesn’t find any. And there are no settings or options on COMAND to activate/deactivate or otherwise set it up.

And assume any hotspot facility would use a data plan which I’d have to pay for (and I don’t).

Will ask dealer next time I’m passing.

Never had it before and have used Mercedes Me since getting the car at the end of 2015.

It is on all the time as well.

I think it was agreeing to the find my car feature that activated it. But can’t be 100% as I agreed to two or three things I hadn’t previously used.

The same appeared on my command system on my 2016 GLE after I purchased live traffic so I assumed that it had something to do with that, I asked about an upgrade for my satnav and was told old by mb garage that because it had to be carried out by plug in download only at an mb garage it would be £135, and I would loose live traffic, does anybody know of another way that’s cheaper

As per my post in your other thread...

COMAND maps can be downloaded directly from Mercedes Benz over the Internet then uploaded to the car. This is DIY, there's no need to go to the dealer for that.

However, when installing the new maps, you will be asked for an upgrade PIN code. The PIN code can be purchased from any MB dealer, or from forum sponsors www.comandonline.co.uk.

As per my post in your other thread...

COMAND maps can be downloaded directly from Mercedes Benz over the Internet then uploaded to the car. This is DIY, there's no need to go to the dealer for that.

However, when installing the new maps, you will be asked for an upgrade PIN code. The PIN code can be purchased from any MB dealer, or from forum sponsors www.comandonline.co.uk.

Thanks so much for the info I will attempt this and see if I can do it
Thanks again

I have the same symbol which appeared out of the blue a couple of weeks ago & inquired on this forum , most were saying it is Mercedes me communicating with MB, however in the last couple of days I have had a notification pop up saying Mercedes Me is only partially active see manual/contact dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom