New courtesy car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kikkthecat

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 Viano 2.2 CDi Ambiente
I got a new courtesy car today from Mercedes Benz of Bradford.

Long story short but I’ve been having some electrical issues with my Viano of late, a recurring intermittent fault. 3 times I’ve had it in and 3 times I picked it up only for it to reoccur. As it’s a working vehicle I asked for a like for like replacement, fat chance of that. Best they could do was offer a rental car from Enterprise, a Chrysler Grand Voyager. On my 3rd visit I told them this car was unacceptable as my clients expect better and I needed like for like until it’s fixed. They referred the case to Milton Keynes technical department for advice along with my concerns regarding a replacement and apparently they said they would register one specifically for me, well today I got it, and I have it until mines right.

A brand spanking new 09 reg 3.0 Cdi with 162 miles on the clock which just happens to be the distance from Milton Keynes to Bradford. It has almost every option box ticked including electric doors, comand, rear entertainment pack, fridge, and front and rear air con. Carbon black metallic with 2 tone grey leather and 17” alloys it looks superb. They are going to have trouble prising the keys for it out of my hands.

They can’t give me a timescale for when mine will be right as they can’t find a fault yet. So far it has had a new ignition switch, new ESR relay, a couple of other relays, a front SAM whatever that is, a new instrument cluster, an ECU, and today they were changing the engine wiring loom. And do I care ? Not while I have this beauty on my drive, they can take the rest of the year thank you. And it's warranty work so total cost to me is zilch. :D

Nice to hear of a good result for a change.

Crazy that THEY can't find the fault with THEIR product.

I've said this before on another thread (ongoing problems with my Sprinter gearbox,) the technicians can be superb, but if there is no system in place (MB'S fault) to remedy the problem the techs have no chance of fixing it.

My Sprinter tiptronic gearbox has been a problem for around 4 years (and £3,000) so if yours is a puzzler like mine, you'll have the 3.0CDI for a long time to come. ;)

Give us a write up of the new vehicle please. I am in the market for a Viano and can't decide between the 2.2 or 3.0.

Yes, I was tempted by a Viano a few months back - there are some great deals on them used. I was looking at a 2.2, but I know I would be happier with a 3.0!

Give us a write up of the new vehicle please. I am in the market for a Viano and can't decide between the 2.2 or 3.0.

I've only had it for a day but I can tell you now, no contest. There is no difference between the vehicles apart from the engine and the 3.0 is so much quieter, more refined and totally effortless especially on the motorways. I've had to alter my driving style already as the accelleration can be a bit fierce if you're not expecting it, and I wasn't.
I've driven the 2.2 for 71000 miles now and been very happy with it but like Dieselman implies, they knew exactly what they were doing when they put me in this. The department that made this decision was sales not technical.
There will be a trade off in fuel consumption but the factory combined figure for the 2.2 is 32.1 against 30.7 for the 3.0.

I've only had it for a day but I can tell you now, no contest. There is no difference between the vehicles apart from the engine and the 3.0 is so much quieter, more refined and totally effortless especially on the motorways. I've had to alter my driving style already as the accelleration can be a bit fierce if you're not expecting it, and I wasn't.
I've driven the 2.2 for 71000 miles now and been very happy with it but like Dieselman implies, they knew exactly what they were doing when they put me in this. The department that made this decision was sales not technical.
There will be a trade off in fuel consumption but the factory combined figure for the 2.2 is 32.1 against 30.7 for the 3.0.

I know what you mean! Both my cars are powered by this wonderfull engine.
Even the CLS loan car I have untill my ML gets its new Airmatic ECU has the same engine, but it's only about half the height of the ML!
Enjoy it! And I hope they havn't spoiled you:eek:

like Dieselman implies, they knew exactly what they were doing when they put me in this. The department that made this decision was sales not technical.

Be nice of that was true, but surely it's unlikely someone would go from the model you have to fully loaded 3 litre, especially for a working car?

MB Corporate told me they'd register a car for me when I wanted a C Class demonstrator. It did take a while, but sure enough a brand-new car with the exact spec - 2.2CDi auto avantgarde estate, but also very loaded with options - turned up at my house.

I wish the dealers would be more pro-active in this sense. Last 2 times I've taken my car in I've been "promised" an E320CDI and a new C Class. Both times I was given an A Class and a shrug when I queried it.

I got a new courtesy car today from Mercedes Benz of Bradford.

Long story short but I’ve been having some electrical issues with my Viano of late, a recurring intermittent fault. 3 times I’ve had it in and 3 times I picked it up only for it to reoccur. As it’s a working vehicle I asked for a like for like replacement, fat chance of that. Best they could do was offer a rental car from Enterprise, a Chrysler Grand Voyager. On my 3rd visit I told them this car was unacceptable as my clients expect better and I needed like for like until it’s fixed. They referred the case to Milton Keynes technical department for advice along with my concerns regarding a replacement and apparently they said they would register one specifically for me, well today I got it, and I have it until mines right.

A brand spanking new 09 reg 3.0 Cdi with 162 miles on the clock which just happens to be the distance from Milton Keynes to Bradford. It has almost every option box ticked including electric doors, comand, rear entertainment pack, fridge, and front and rear air con. Carbon black metallic with 2 tone grey leather and 17” alloys it looks superb. They are going to have trouble prising the keys for it out of my hands.

They can’t give me a timescale for when mine will be right as they can’t find a fault yet. So far it has had a new ignition switch, new ESR relay, a couple of other relays, a front SAM whatever that is, a new instrument cluster, an ECU, and today they were changing the engine wiring loom. And do I care ? Not while I have this beauty on my drive, they can take the rest of the year thank you. And it's warranty work so total cost to me is zilch. :D

Nice one Ray. I'm sure you know some people in Bradford who could break into the dealers once per week and cause some mischief..... :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom